The Community College of Baltimore County has a rich tradition of providing undergraduate education, workforce development, technology training, and life enrichment in the Baltimore metropolitan area. CCBC is the college of choice to over 70,000 students and 200 businesses every year. We meet students where they are and take them where they want to go .
Job Description / Responsibilities:
Participates in systems development cycle from design and analysis to detail programming, report coding, testing, and documentation. Responsibilities include the SunGard Banner system, its application modules and associated reports, Oracle database software, and the client/server computing environment. Assist in problem definition and resolution with user departments throughout CCBC.
Position Specific Essential Duties:
1. Interface with users to acquire a working knowledge of a department's function in order to enhance the clerical or computer processing requirements supporting the department. Prepares training material and data to train user in system functions.
2. Apply updates to 3rd party software products. Identify, develop and implement problem prevention and cost enhancements to existing systems.
3. Analyze problems in terms of management information requirements, computer resources available, file integration requirements, and data base management methods.
4. Design, program, test, implement and document modifications to existing systems in order to enhance processing efficiencies or a required change in business. Assist users with verifying data and program testing to assure accuracy and reliability of implemented and enhancements to application systems. Perform turnover functions to place programs into production.
5. Work with all other Information Technology Services staff members to coordinate projects through project review meetings, status updates, reports on problems and resolutions and recommendations concerning assigned activities in order to enhance the effectiveness of the team and project.
6. Attend technical training courses, seminars or self-instruction courses to enhance knowledge of programming and computer skills and techniques across platforms.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or closely related field. Three years of experience with relational database products such as Oracle or MS SQL. Experience with client/server environments and applications. Programming with SQL, Java, C, C++, C#, or VB.NET. Microsoft Office skills. Experience with report writing tools, and excellent verbal communication skills.
SCT software (Banner), eVisions Argos, Microsoft SharePoint, experience in an educational environment.
For best consideration, please apply by July 31, 2012.
MUST APPLY ONLINE AT: www.ccbcmdjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=162036
CCBC practices equal opportunity in education and employment and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the college community. EEO/AA
Chronicle of Higher Education
- 2 years ago - save job