The Information Systems Department of the Michigan Court of Appeals is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Information Technology Specialist I. This position reports directly to the Information Systems Director and its primary responsibilities include:
Required Education and Experience:
- Install, configure and maintain desktop workstations, laptops and servers in both physical and virtual environments, as well as routers, switches and printers.
- Install, configure and upgrade replicated SANs, remote access environment, backup appliance, and Cisco VoIP system.
- Provide hardware and software support to all court users.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation.
- Work with hardware and software vendors to obtain technical information for continued user support, to discuss selection of hardware and software and to establish related support agreements.
- Function as second-level Help Desk support. Refer major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Serve on-call for after-hours emergency calls.
Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems or related technical field preferred. T hree to five years of progressively more responsible experience in computer information systems, data communications, networking, systems analysis, and/or computer programming. Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Suse Linux, VMware, Cisco networking and Microsoft Office is preferred.
State of Michigan - 17 months ago
The Great Lakes State has another important distinction: being the first state to join the Union. Today The Office of the Governor of...