Community Manager – Corporate Marketing
As a community manager in the Social Media and Communities corporate marketing team, you will be expected to be hands on community evangelist and technical contributor to the VMTN communities. You will engage with teams internally, as well as external moderators , helping to develop content, and educate others in the use of Client's technologies. You will also monitor and manage the VMTN forums as well as track marketing trends found within the VMTN community environment.
Community management includes:
Producing technical conversations and content:
- Contributing to forums discussions, engaging with key community posters, solving issues and encouraging participation.
- Organizing the structure of communities, creating new ones, archiving old ones and moving content into correct places.
- Creating content, looking for others to create content and helping drive development of solutions for the community by the community.
- Tracking new product releases, posting articles in the community about new features, organizing landing pages and posting content that can be found from within Client.
The Community Manager will also be responsible for producing and publishing a set of best practices for the various processes to keep the community moderated correctly.. You will also educating the internal groups within Client on all the aspects of these best practices.
- Publishing content found from various web locations, searching the net to find interesting aspects and use cases of our products.
- Showcasing interesting implementations of Client's technologies.
- Interviewing and publishing articles from key vocal customers who are part of the community.
- Drive participation online via social media to encourage online community involvement.
- Manage and contribute to the VMTN communities, including managing the forums, overview pages and document repositories.
- Keep abreast of new features and produce content and drive discussions round the new functionality
- Organize the content elements including wiki documents, forum posts and various customer blogs.
- Collaborate with internal areas of Client in the role of consultant, guiding the use of community best practices . Internal areas within Client include: Product Marketing, Engineering Teams, Support Services & Field Engineers
- Develop and use your knowledge of VMTN and the community architecture to help implement Client's community strategy.
- Develop technical content for publishing in our communities.
- Work with community moderators and key contributors to encourage content publishing.
- Work with product teams to assure community forums are created for new product features.
Position Type: Contract
- Administration knowledge of vSphere, operational knowledge and usage a key. VCP training a plus, other administration certifications also helpful.
- IT administration experience, using Client products in a operational capacity.
- Operating system knowledge, OSX, Linux, Windows.
- Interest in community management and community participation.
- Ability to lead and drive conversations, online and at VMworld conference events.
- Some web development experience, HTML, Photoshop, PHP, MacOSx/Linux using ftp, ssh, vi or other editor.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- BA in Marketing, BS in Computer Science or related technical degree required.
Hours: Full Time
Education: 4 Year Degree
Years of Experience: 3+
Travel: Not Specified
Manages Others: Not Specified