ATTENTION-If you applied to a Children's Hospital position, please be aware that you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in the application. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please copy and paste the following into your web browser: www.chp.edu/careers.
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is currently hiring a full-time chaplain to work at our Lawrenceville campus in the city of Pittsburgh. This position is a Monday through Friday daylight position. The chaplain will provide pastoral care to all patients and their families.
- working in/contributing to life of interfaith team
- provide pastoral care in routine and emergent situations
- share on-call responsibilities
- complete required documentation
- lead worship as scheduled
- masters degree in Theology, Divinity or related counseling field is required
- understanding of health care ministry is required
- knowledge of religious values and traditions is required
- minimum of four units of Clinical Pastoral Education is preferred
- spiritual maturity and emotional stability is required
- knowledge and skills necessary to provide pastoral care to patients served is required
- knowledge of the principles of growth and development to age-specific needs is required
- ability to work in a multi-cultural setting is required
- sensitivity to multi-cultural/religious diversity is required
- ability to adapt to on-going change is required
- ordination or commission to function in a ministry of pastoral care and endorsement by his/her denomination authority is required
- professional certification or eligibility as Chaplain from a national certifying organization (e.g., The College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy, the Association of Professional Chaplains, the National Association of Catholic Chaplains, the National Association of Jewish Chaplains) is required
- ACT 33 will be required within 30 days of hire
- ACT 73 will be required within 30 days of hire
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered in...