We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a talent for graphic de|
csign and developing creative design solutions for both print and digital media. The ideal candidate will be considered an integral part of the Marketing/Public Relations department and as such, their ideas and input will be highly valued.
The Senior Graphic/Multimedia Designer must be creative, self-motivated, deadline-driven, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The individual must be highly organized, detail-oriented, possess strong typography and layout skills. This person must have experience working within set graphics standards and must have the ability to provide art direction while still pushing the creative envelope. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner with excellent verbal and written communication skills, who excels in a fast-paced environment.
This position will have an active role in growing an international brand. We are looking for a candidate with a proactive, entrepreneurial style and the ability to take initiative, recognize opportunities, develop and implement focused plans for executing on those opportunities.
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions/standards that meet marketing strategies. Creation of design solutions, from concept to completion, in a wide range of graphic applications including: collateral materials, infographics, publications, brand identity, video, website and interactive interfaces. The main duties of the Senior Graphic/Multimedia Designer will be:
- Design visually appealing and creative layouts, and manage production of brochures, advertisements, annual reports, info sheets, announcements, logos, newsletters, flyers, calendars, tradeshow exhibits, and presentations.
- Ensure a creative yet consistent look and feel that adheres to and supports the brand, visual identity, legal guidelines and messaging of Corporate standards across all media.
- Develop new layouts and styles for existing publications.
- Assist with branding, identity development and marketing collateral for companies within the Corporation.
- Assist in concept development and arrive at creative solutions that meet the Company's brand standards and guidelines.
- Conceptualize, design and create graphic interpretation of concepts and information provided.
- Blend photography, imagery, charts, text, and multimedia elements to create high-impact proposals and presentations that distinguish the Corporation in the marketplace and help win business.
- Confers with team members and involved parties concerning all aspects of projects, including expectations of design, turnaround time, corrections, approvals, etc.
- Research competitors as well as their marketing approach and collateral.
- Design development for Corporate subsidiary websites.
- Design graphics and logo elements for promotional products, as well as handling selection and ordering of products.
- Assist with the development of the End of Year video and other videos for the website.
- Manage the Company's media archive and ensure proper key-wording of images, scanning and retouching pictures.
- Solicit bids from print vendors, negotiate pricing, prepare files for print and manage print production.
- Research new ideas, products and systems, and develop concepts for upcoming projects.
- Respond to general daily requests, such as locating and resizing images, in a timely manner.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Train and mentor Junior Designer(s).
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field required
- 3-7 years experience in a similar capacity
- Must possess a professional portfolio demonstrating a high caliber of creative work. Attention to details and accuracy in design and production is a must, with proven experience with press-ready mechanicals, proofing and color work.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (in a PC environment).
- Must also be well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite, and knowledgeable in adapting design elements to occasionally be used on this platform (i.e. Powerpoint/Word documents).
- Expert in print design, especially in-house corporate collateral and marketing.
- Must fully understand print preparation and the printing process. Must be able to guide a project from conception to final printed delivery, working with outside vendors, and assisting other internal departments with their printing needs.
- Must have strong experience translating business information into compelling visuals, e.g., charts, graphs, informational graphics; experience creating maps and working with engineering drawings and information a plus.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive salary and bonus program.
- 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting. Annual profit-sharing contributions by the company to participants 401(k) accounts based on company's annual performance.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life and Disability insurance plans.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock - 14 months ago