Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 841911 (Please include on all documents).
RECRUITMENT AND RELOCATION INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED
New employees will be required to serve a 1 yr probationary period.
The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidate's qualifications and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
The Department of Veterans Affairs is an employer of choice as the center of excellence in patient care, education and research. The agency offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to website: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
This position is located at the Fayetteville VAMC and is under Social Work Service. The Caregiver Support Coordinator (CSC) is a Social Work Program Coordinator whose primary responsibilities are to provide clinical evidence based services and interventions; program development; caregiver, Veteran and staff education on caregiver issues; community outreach; resource development; continuous quality improvement activities; and evaluation/consultation. In addition the incumbent must be a skilled communicator capable of developing effective partnerships with local, state and federal agencies as well as nongovernmental organizations.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug testing required.
- Background and/Security Investigation required.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification Required
- English Language Proficiency
The incumbent is administratively responsible for the clinical programming and daily operations of the program. Develops policies and procedures for program operation and prepares reports and statistics for facility, VISN, and national use. The incumbent may be responsible for the program's budget and various control points assigned to the program within the assigned areas. The incumbent manages and controls the use of data related to these programs regarding day to day functioning and program evaluation. In conjunction with the Chief, Social Work Service or designee, plans, organizes and directs administrative, operational, caregiver, Veteran and personnel activities for the service.
WORK SCHEDULE : Full-time (Alternate tour of duty may be required)
Basic Life Support certification will be required prior to appointment.
GS-12: Senior Social Workers at this level have experience that demonstrates possession of advanced practice skills and judgment. At least two years should be in an area of specialized social work practice. Senior social workers must be licensed (LCSW) or certified by a state at the advanced practice level which included an ASWB advanced generalist or clinical examination, unless they are grandfathered by the state in which they are licensed to practice at the advanced practice level (Provisional not Accepted) . Senior social workers may have certification or other post-masters training from a nationally recognized professional organization or university that includes a defined curriculum/course of study and internship or equivalent supervised professional experience in a specialty.
Meets the qualification standard for the GS 12 Senior Social Worker as defined in VA Handbook 5005, Part II Appendix G, Social Worker Qualification Standard GS-185 Veterans Health Administration .
A masters degree in social work from a school fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education is required. VA Liaisons must be licensed or certified by a state at the advanced practice level which included an ASWB advanced generalist or clinical examination, unless they are grandfathered by the state in which they are licensed to practice at the advance practice level (except for licenses issued in California, which administers its own clinical examination for advanced practice). VA Liaisons may have certification or other post masters training from a nationally recognized professional organization or university that includes a defined curriculum/course of study and internship or equivalent supervised professional experience in a specialty. Clinical and administrative experience is also required.
The incumbent is an experienced social worker, recognized to be an independent practitioner who can demonstrate the ability to manage and evaluate programs and policies. Knowledgeable about the principles and theories in Social Work Practice. Possesses professional judgment, including knowledge of normal and abnormal behavior, which is an inherent competency applied in daily interactions with service members and/or Veterans. Highly developed professional, clinical and advanced practice skills are routinely used in the transition service members and/or Veterans with complex problems, brought about by combat related psychiatric and medical disabilities.
The incumbent possesses detailed knowledge of mission, goals, objectives, organization, and programs of VHA health care service and delivery systems and an awareness of Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) benefits delivery systems. Comprehensive knowledge of management techniques and practices, especially related to patient care activities and how they relate to the complex and evolving health care environment.
Projects are of a specialized nature and therefore require a person with knowledge, experience and expertise in VA health care facility operations and clinical management. Requires comprehensive knowledge of VA and VHA policies, issues, clinical and political complexities essential to the management of a complex system-wide health care delivery system.
The incumbent must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in order to transmit information regarding seamless transition services to professional and other staff both within and outside VA. The incumbent must be able to interact effectively with a wide variety of health care professionals and VBA professionals.
A VA Liaison has experience that demonstrates possession of advanced practice skills and judgment. The VA Liaison has ability to expand clinical knowledge in the profession, provide consultation and guidance to colleagues, role model effective social work practice skills, teach or provide orientation to less experienced social workers, develop innovations in practice interventions, and provide clinical supervision for social work licensure or certification. The incumbent has comprehensive professional expertise in policy development, performance standards and strategic planning initiatives.
A high level of physical energy is required as the incumbent is expected to meet with many people in many different locations in the course of a work day. There may be some field travel involved with this position. Work is normally performed in an office environment with adequate lighting, heating, and ventilation.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE .
Education: Masters Degree in Social Work in Social Work and 2 years post graduation in specialized area of social work.
Education & Experience: Masters Degree in Social Work and should have at least 2 years (post Masters Degree) in an area of specialized social work practice and licensed or hold certification in a state at the advanced practice level.
Licensure: Social Worker must be licensed or certified by a state at the advanced practice level.
Citizenship: Citizen of the United States
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
VETERANS PREFERENCE: Five points may be added to the eligible ratings of veterans who: Entered the military service prior to October 14, 1976; served on active duty during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992, regardless of where the person served; or, served in a military action for which they received a campaign badge or expeditionary medal. Medal holders and Gulf War veterans must have served continuously for at least 24 months or the full period for which called or ordered to active duty. Ten points may be granted to the eligible ratings of disabled veterans; Purple Heart recipients; spouses or mothers of a 100 percent disabled veteran; or the widows, widowers, or mothers of a deceased veteran.
Working for The Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. The following Web address is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees. To find out more click here http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp .
1. If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
2. If you are a current career or career-conditional Federal employee or former Federal employee who has reinstatement eligibility, you must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action" and/or a copy of the SF-50 that reflects career or career-conditional tenure, or you will not be considered under the merit promotion process. Also, you should submit your most recent performance appraisal.
3. If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must attach an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form.
4. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
5. You can apply for a non-competitive appointment if you meet the basic eligibility requirements and you are eligible for special appointment such as those authorized for the severely disabled; certain Vietnam era and disabled veterans; returned volunteers from the Peace Corps or Vista, etc. Please indicate the type of special appointment you are seeking, if any, on your application and follow all other instructions for applying shown in this announcement.
6. All qualification requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
usajobs.gov - 9 months ago