Job Description: The position is responsible and accountable for achieving sales quota through profiling, targeting, needs analysis and closing on targeted account customers consisting of Health Care Professionals (including Endocrinologists, PCPs, CDEs and Pharmacists), key diabetes institutions, target pharmacies and managed care organizations.
The Territory Manager is accountable for consistently achieving sales objectives and ensuring these sales are profitable and within the guidelines of the company’s defined sales and marketing practices. The position is responsible for the development, management and growth of the healthcare professional recommendation to achieve sales and market share growth. The Territory Manager will expand business and brand loyalty within strategic accounts consisting of private practices, large diabetes clinics, hospital teaching institutions, pharmacies and other major medical centers.
1. Meets/exceeds sales objective as well as market share within assigned geographic area.
2. Can work effectively and productively within the company’s sales team as well as home office team environment.
3. Possesses a sound working knowledge of the managed care reimbursement process.
4. Develops and maintains superior relationships with key diabetes decision makers and influencers. Effective in implementing customer loyalty initiatives.
5. Consistently exhibits a high level of proficiency and expertise in discussing and demonstrating the company’s product, as well as all related diabetes products including competitive products.
6. Maintains a high profile with decision-makers of the assigned strategic accounts.
7. Facilitates and conducts all required customer training programs.
8. Maintains a high profile with the professional diabetes organizations in the assigned geographical area.
9. Routinely contacts and manages sales promotions related to the assigned territory.
10. Completes all administrative duties in a timely fashion and works within the specified budget.
11. Consistently executes all field sales activities with a high degree of professionalism in accordance with established promotional guidelines.
Requirements: Knowledge / Education
o Minimum of 50% of medical device sales experience in diabetes devices.
- Minimum of three successful years in medical device sales.
Skills / Competencies
- BS/BA or equivalent healthcare registry
- Team-player with experience in dealing directly with Health Care Professionals and people with diabetes.
- Successful sales track record, excellent communication skills, ability to execute sales and marketing plan, ability to manage territory budget, ability to function in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Computer and data base analysis proficiency related to operation of territory
- Frequent business travel (up to 75%)
- Ability to carry and transport professional sales samples and literature
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to pass a complete background check
- Must reside within the geographic area of the assigned area.