The Senior Environmental Engineer - Air is responsible for directing the mill’s air quality compliance programs as well as working with the environmental staff at other company’s facilities to assure compliance of their air quality programs. The position is part of the Environmental Services Department (ESD) and reports directly to the Environmental Services Lead.
Required Technical Experience:
- Work with other air quality and ESD staff to ensure compliance of all air quality programs.
- Support environmental personnel at the Container/Chip Plants to manage their air quality programs and permits.
- Direct compliance and implementation when necessary of new upcoming requirements for Boiler MACT, NSPS Subpart BB, NESHAP Subparts MM and S.
- Direct implementation of existing permit conditions for recent capital projects.
- Direct air quality permitting for new capital projects.
- Develop adequate understanding of implications associated with new SO2, NO2 and PM NAAQS.
- Assist with compliance audits.
- Assist with EMS implementation.
- Establishing and managing air compliance programs (Title V, PSD, Cluster Rule, MACT, NESHAP, SSM, LDAR, GHG)
- Conducting regulatory evaluation and implementation of applicable NSPS and NESHAP subparts.
- Negotiating permit conditions.
- Managing Title V permit renewals.
- Preparing Title V, NSR and PSD permit applications.
- Conducting BACT reviews.
- Conducting Air Emissions Modeling.
- Developing new processes and implementing tools for compliance with existing and new requirements.
- Preparing Title V deviation reports, annual emissions inventories, GHG emissions inventories, MACT compliance reports, Tier II, and TRI report.
- Coordinating or assistance with emergency response planning programs.
- Assisting with compliance of other media programs (NPDES, SPCC, RCRA and EPCRA)
- Reviewing capital projects and applicable environmental requirements.
- Preparing environmental training material and delivering training for operational personnel.
- Conducted site compliance audits for various environmental programs.
- Assisting with EMS implementation.
Longview Fibre Paper and Packaging, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in the physical sciences, engineering, or other related field is acceptable if the person has other compensating education or experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as an environmental engineer or coordinator for air compliance of a pulp and paper mill, or similar facility within the pulp and paper, chemicals, or wood products industries, or other qualifying experience.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision making skills.
- Team leadership skills, capable of leading and working effectively with personnel to ensure effective troubleshooting and corrective actions implementation when necessary.
- Establish collaborative relationships built on trust and commitment and develop relationships at multiple levels across internal and external teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially with respect to interacting with and directing others.
- Strong computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and other business, process and environmental data management systems.
KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard