Transformational engineer looking for an opportunity for growth, development, and advancement. Performs project engineering work, requiring application of standard and advanced techniques, procedures and criteria in developing / improving processes and/or systems. Independently develops clear and specific objectives for given assignments that may require the investigation of a several alternative solutions. In doing so, he/she is responsible for reducing the overall costs and improving the flexibility, efficiency and effectiveness of our manufacturing engineering groups.
The Principal (Lead) Project Engineer develops thoughts and ideas into engineered solutions with approval from supervisor and provides guidance to co-ops, contract engineers, technicians and other engineers. Effectively participates in a team setting to achieve results. Effectively leads moderate to large projects. Trains other engineers and technicians in the use of sound engineering practices.
• Leads or participate in Manufacturing Strategy projects of moderate to large scope.
• Assignments may include process research, equipment design, development and acquisition process design and development.
• Leads projects of moderate to large scope with proficient application of advanced techniques and best practices for process development, project management and problem solving.
• Develops equipment specifications and manages capital equipment justification and procurement.
• Justifies project priorities and expenditures through analysis of cost, quality and service impact and financial benefits.
• Improve the efficiency of the processes enabling Manufacturing/Quality Engineer and technicians to spend more time on focused continuous improvement efforts
• Coordinate efforts with multiple departments to ensure smooth implementation of projects (i.e. Service Groups, IS, continuous Improvement, NP&TD, etc.)
• Continually seek new manufacturing process technology and methods that will improve the productivity, cost, quality and agility of Swagelok’s Manufacturing Systems
• Identify and proactively address issues and risks to ensure that project milestones are met
• Communicate progress through management updates and team meetings
• Develop projects assessments to assist in the identification and prioritization of key Manufacturing/Quality Engineering business process improvement projects
• Training and implementation of solutions
• Interpret product requirements and develop processes through utilization of the basic and some advanced process control methodologies
• Provide analytical problem solving and process troubleshooting to identify root causes and eliminate problems
• Ensure these projects are successfully adopted and incorporated into the value stream
• Utilizes project management tools to complete assignment on time according to budgetary constraints and customer expectations
Education: BS degree in an engineering field is required. Master’s degree or equivalent skills and experience are encouraged.
Experience: 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing/process engineering position or related field. Experience leading mid to large size manufacturing projects. The candidate must possess a comprehensive understanding of the ME, QE, and PE business processes necessary to support manufacturing operations. Preferred experience with manufacturing systems, Information systems and databases.
Skills: Applies experience and knowledge at an organizational level. Demonstrates the ability to complete major and complex projects. Advanced problem solving and decision making abilities to get to the root of the process requirements and reduce non-value added activities. Excellent communication and influence skills are required. Strong business acumen is required. High energy and enthusiasm, able to motivate and lead others, strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrates innovative thinking and sound judgment. Must be able to pass vision acuity test, if necessary.
Self-Awareness: Emotional Self-Awareness, Accurate Self-Assessment, Self-Confidence
Self-Management: Emotional Self-Control, Transparency, Adaptability, Achievement,
Social Awareness: Empathy, Organizational Awareness, Service Orientation
Relationship Management: Developing Others, Inspirational Leadership, Change Catalyst, Influence, Conflict Management, Teamwork & Collaboration
Scope of position:
Estimated Budgetary Responsibilities: $0
# Direct Reports: 0
# Indirect Reports: 0
% Of Time Spent Traveling: 5% - Some international travel may be required up to 2 weeks per year
International Responsibilities: n/a
Swagelok - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Swagelok is a $1.8 billion, privately-held company. Headquartered in Solon, Ohio, U.S.A., Swagelok Company is a global developer and...