Skills: Two years radiology specific college coursework, associate degree or diploma required. ARRT certification required within one year of graduation from program of study (employees hired prior to 1984 are exempt from this requirement). New Mexico State license required. Current BLS required. One Year of Experience preferred.
Knowledge: Requires detailed knowledge of Radiology in terms of what and how work is to be done as well as why it is done, this level includes interpretation of data. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
Abilities: Mental Power: Ability to make decisions are varied but are usually confined to situations which are familiar. There are several defined alternative solutions available.
Mental Power: Ability to exercise judgment in selection of the order of work assignments to meet clearly established schedules. Unusual cases or schedule changes are often referred to the immediate supervisor for resolution.
Physical Power: Walks/on feet 6 hours a day. Transfers patients from gurney/wheel chair to x-ray table. Arm/wrist/hand movement requiring force. Sits for one hour a day. Lifts 20 pounds. Reaches overhead.
Primary Job Functions
- Maintains established department policies, procedures, objectives and quality assurance, safety.
- Performs radiographic examinations.
- Checks equipment, supplies and accessories on a regular basis. Required to maintain required stock of supplies for each radiography room.
- Develops film including evaluating film for technical quality.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of work areas.
- Transports patients to radiographic room (at times also back to room or ER); prepares and maintains room.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other functions as required.
We are new Mexico's only private, not-for-profit healthcare system. Presbyterian is owned by the communities it serves and reinvests in care...