At APS Healthcare, we are passionate about changing behaviors of all constituents in the healthcare system to improve health, optimize clinical quality, and reduce associated costs. Our mission, quite simply, is to improve the health of those we serve.
As part of the Vermont Chronic Care Initiative, APS utilizes key components of a statewide technology infrastructure to improve care coordination for Vermont Medicaid recipients with chronic illness and further reduce avoidable costs of care. We use innovative technology for care management, evidence-based interventions; and pharmacy analysis and prescriber feedback while collaborating with our Department of Health Access care coordinators to help patients receive that care that they need and take an active part in their health.
APS is seeking a Social Worker to join this exciting program in our Williston office. The Social Worker supports the delivery of care coordination/case management services by removing barriers to the process if they fall within the realm of social work and the identification and enlistment of resources.
• Follows up with members with assistance with state and community resources such as but not limited to: housing, transportation, food, fuel assistance, Community Action, prescription fulfillment and durable medical equipment.
• Follows up with recently discharged members (ED and Inpatient) regarding any barriers to appropriate follow up after discharge and alerts Clinical Practice Specialist/Care Coordinator to medical issues requiring follow up.
• Supports Care Coordination/Case Management objectives by assessing members’ needs
and developing social work plan of care in areas related to housing, work, education,
finances, and family affairs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work required.
• Minimum 2-4 years of relevant support or customer service experience in a healthcare setting.
• Previous experience in delivering services to the Medicaid population preferred.
• Experience in telephonic health interventions preferred.
• Knowledge of structure and availability of health and human services resources throughout Vermont.
• Knowledge of health care terminology.
• Ability to conduct research using the Internet and comfort working in electronic environment.
• Motivational interviewing skills preferred.
• Ability to network and outreach to community state organizations.
• Above-average computer and technical skills required.
• Must be able to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate plan of care within the realm of social work.
• Ability to work in fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to engage and activate patients.