Expedia Finance is seeking a Senior Project Manager experienced in large scale financial systems implementation. Ideal candidate will have Oracle ERP implementation experience on a global scale. The desired individual will have a proven track record of working cross functionally across all levels of the organization. Strong knowledge of accounting processes and technical experience combined with strong interpersonal skills are required.
Drive project life cycle by driving trade-off decisions between cost, schedule, functional scope, and quality
- Work with Partners to baseline project requirements and timing needs
- Collaborate with teams to define requirements
- Ensure that decisions are consistent with corporate strategies and future expectations for other products and services
- Develop, communicate and drive project schedule commitments
- Facilitate Change Management decisions and adjust assignments and expectations accordingly
- Identify, organize, and resolve project issues and actively manage risk
- Work proactively to navigate project through dependencies with other projects
- Assist in the development and implementation of more mature technical project management processes, methods and tools
- Manage the project budget and monthly forecast updates.
- Overall support for initiative and escalations,
- Provide status to the Steering Committee
Experience managing complex cross functional projects and service delivery cycles
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Very strong written and verbal communication and excellent leadership skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to map business requirements to appropriate functional/technical requirements
- Mastery of project management principles, tools and technical document preparation, such as project plans and functional specifications is expected
- Experience with all phases of software product development lifecycle, including requirements definition, design, specifications, development, test, product release, and sustaining engineering is desired but not required
- Experience with different project management methodologies is highly preferred
- Exceptional troubleshooting, problem resolution, and customer management skills
- Strong advocacy for change management principles
About Expedia, Inc.
- 3+ successful Oracle Financial implementations.
- Experience with the following modules: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable, Order Management, Channel Revenue and Advanced Collections.
- 7-10 + years project management experience desired • Bachelor Degree in an applicable field
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Excel; etc
Expedia, Inc. is the world’s leading online travel company, empowering business and leisure travelers with the tools and information they need to easily research, plan, book and experience travel. Expedia, Inc. also provides in-destination concierge service and activity desks for travelers. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio of brands includes: Expedia.com®, hotels.com®, Hotwire®, Egencia™, TripAdvisor®, Expedia Local Expert™, Classic Vacations® and eLong™. Expedia, Inc.’s companies operate more than 50 global points of sale with sites in North America, South America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Expedia, Inc. is a component of the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit http://www.expediainc.com/ (NASDAQ: EXPE).
Expedia - 2 years ago
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...