Responsible for providing leadership in the development and implementation of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition ( OBIEE ) finance dashboards, Key Performance Indicators ( KPIs ) and operational reports as part of the overall Symphony ERP Project for Ascension Health and the individual Health Ministries. This includes but is not limited to the gathering, development, and documentation of reporting requirements; development and documentation of functional design, mock ups, and data dictionaries related to the finance dashboards and new reporting processes.
This position will lead/participate in acceptance testing with end users, team members and consultants; lead/assist in the creation of training materials and training plans and coordinate the delivery of appropriate training plans with the end users as required. This position will have first line responsibility for handling the Service Now incidents and/or requests for enhancements related to Finance dashboards and reports that include KPIs and operational reports . All incumbents must posses an expert level of understanding of HealthCare business process and analytics. This position will have direct communications with Health Ministries during the implementation as well as key Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
- Provides thought leadership concerning all aspects of the reporting/analytics, KPIs and dashboard content and development processes
- Takes a leadership role during all project phases (design, build, test, deploy)
- Develops and executes in coordination with key team members and stakeholders appropriate implementation strategies
- Escalates project completion issues as needed
- Partners with technical teams to convey the requirements and functional understanding needed to develop reports for customers.
- Writes test scripts for finance reports and KPIs, documents test cases and performs user testing; uses SQL queries to conduct data validation
- Integrates data from multiple sources and performs complex data analysis in support of adhoc and scheduled requests
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and makes recommendations that lead to improvements
- Coordinates with appropriate team members development of project schedules, work-plans, time-lines, etc.
- Develops cross functional relationships (both internal and external) with key stakeholders
- Monitors task assignments to ensure they are performed on schedule, within intended scope and to a defined level of quality. Takes corrective actions as necessary and reports progress to the functional team leader as required
- Key liaison with technical team members to resolve environment or software issues
- Provides subject-matter expertise on related budgeting, forecasting and planning processes, policies and requirements in support of functional area process design, testing and implementation
- Coordinates with other team members to assure consistency and optimization of overall work product
- Performs all work with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health
- Promotes, exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- B.S. in Business or related field, or the equivalent, is required; Master’s degree is preferred
- Five to seven (5 - 7) plus years of relevant leadership experience in functional area is required
- Prior leadership experience in ERP implementations or large scale projects highly desirable
- Working experience and/or expertise in:
- Healthcare Analytics
- KPI development
- Dashboard development
- General Ledger
- Critical thinking, analytical skills and business acumen needed to make decisions, solve problems and manage time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and decision-making skills required
- Ability to grasp technological opportunities and apply them to business opportunities and requirements
- Flexible, open to change and learning new tools and skills
- Ability to mentor others
- Proficient in all Microsoft Products: WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, and VISIO
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Ascension Health - 2 years ago
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...