Optical Research Scientist
Join the silicon photonics development team as a senior optical researcher. In this position you will be a member of a small team developing next generation optical technologies for applications involving wavelength division multiplexing. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and validation of semiconductor lasers integrated with silicon photonic circuits based on system level requirements. You will own the design of experiments and collaborate with fabrication engineers across different geographical locations to fabricate integrated IIIV lasers in a CMOS compatible manufacturing process.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions and products typically 7+ years prior to landing on a product roadmap
- Planning and executing laboratory research
- Maintaining substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories and contributing to scientific literature and conferences
- May participate in development of intellectual property
- May coordinate interdepartmental activities and research efforts
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- High motivation
- Working effectively both independently and in a team
- Good communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Achieving results in complex multi-site team environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and research experiences.
- Must have either a MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical Science or related technical field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in semiconductor physics as related to lasers (design, simulation and characterization), optical devices and/or fiber optics
- Minimum 5 years of experience with compound semiconductor lasers and designing IIIV laser epi
- Minimum 5 years of experience with design of single wavelength lasers
- 3+ years of experience integrating IIIV lasers with other optical components
- 3+ years of experience in designing components for wavelength division multiplexed systems
- 3+ years of experience with silicon photonics
USA-California, Santa Clara
Feb 13, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...