The Enterprise Holdings' Marketing and Communications Department (MarCom) has an exciting opportunity for a Brand Publicity Specialist. The Brand Publicity Specialist executes brand publicity efforts across earned media channels, including traditional and social for Enterprise CarShare, with responsibility for media relations, community management and content development for Enterprise CarShare. The Brand Publicity Specialist will leverage his or her writing skills, along with creative, organizational, and project management skills to bring significant and valuable exposure to Enterprise CarShare.
This position will report to the Brand Publicity Manager and will be located at our World Headquarters in Clayton, Missouri.
- Execute brand publicity efforts across earned media channels, including traditional and social
- Responsible for developing content and managing the communities within the various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, etc. for Enterprise CarShare and serving as back-up for the three Enterprise Holdings car rental brands (Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car), ensuring consistency with the brand voice
- Monitor and participate in online conversations throughout the day to ensure two-way dialogue, working closely with customer service as appropriate
- Seek ways to continually engage the communities including Twitter chats, promotions, etc.
- Responsible for proactive and reactive brand media relations efforts and maintaining relationships with appropriate trade/press editors, reporters and bloggers
- Draft and/or edit brand publicity materials including messaging, tweets, Facebook posts, press releases, pitch letters, etc.
- Stay abreast of, and adhere to, best practices, platform policy guidelines, rules of participation etc. to remain relevant and up-to-date in a quickly changing social media landscape
- Create and present key and actionable monthly metrics, using analytical experience, and make recommendations for improving engagement and content
- Work closely with colleagues including brand marketing, search, creative and media buying to develop integrated marketing programs
- Provide day-to-day direction to outside agency partners
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience in public relations/communications/journalism required (5+ years preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in social media marketing preferred
- Public relations/communications/journalism experience with a large, well-recognized, consumer-facing brand preferred
- Previous experience with online social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn required
- Demonstrated writing and media relations experience required
- Demonstrated community management, media buying, design and/or search engine optimization experience preferred
- Valid Driver's License with no alcohol or drug related event within the last 5 years and no more than 3 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents within the last 3 years
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with a strong sense of initiative and the ability to work productively in both individual and team settings
- Excellent project and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to make quick decisions
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Enterprise Rent-A-Car - 7 months ago
Enterprise Holdings is in the driver's seat in the global car rental business. Through its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car,...