Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services corporation manages over $40 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million individuals. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider this temporary assignment with our State Plan Service team.
This temporary assignment is responsible for accurate processing and reconciliation of all State Plans, SERS, TRS or PERS record keeping activity, including contributions, plan transfers, disbursements, adjustments and maintenance. Ensure accuracy of feedback reporting to the Client. Work closely with State Plan Senior Specialists teams and other team members to ensure correct and prompt processing of each State’s unique transactions.
Essential functions for this role include:
*****This is a six (6) month assignment*********
- Monitor daily General Ledger interface process, including daily reconciliation of General Ledger to record keeping systems and validation of OmniPlus and Cash Settlement System (DCS) interface.
- Research, analyze, and process beneficiary and QDRO payments utilizing all applicable checklist to ensure accuracy.
- Daily review of record keeping, prepare Daily/Monthly/Quarterly reports for delivery to client and review of reconciliation reports in order to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Provide client with all essential communication (oral and written) required to ensure that processing is efficient and accurate.
- Assist with full regression testing for any upgrades to existing software or new software that directly affect State processing.
- Prepare all State transaction processing using proper systems, mechanisms available, processing steps, transactions and applicable codes required to process correctly. May involve multiple day processing, systems, and/or coordination with other units.
- Assist in processing of other tasks including but not limited to fund balance and account reconciliation, participant statement review, and monitoring of all incoming transaction transmission.
- Prepare and maintain client files.
- Interface with other ICMA-RC units (Investor Services) to process and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned per business needs.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan.
- BA /BS Degree or equivalent related experience.
- 3-5 years of accounting, financial services or similar environment and 1 year retirement plan record keeping or directly related experience.
- Strong analytical/problem solving
- Ability to research and resolve complex issues usually requiring the coordination of multiple resources
- Strong PC skills
- Experience with Workforce management systems
- OmniPlan/OmniPlus experience
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting
- Process management
- Effective oral communication
For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement.
Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.