Dell Networking Field Channel Pre Sales Engineer - Pacific Northwest US
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Pre Sales Engineer to join our team in the Pacific Northwest US.
Dell has expanded its networking solutions with the acquisition of Force10 Networks, Inc., a leader in high-performance datacenter networking. Force10’s networking capabilities complement Dell’s datacenter solutions portfolio, enabling it to offer customers a broader range of enterprise offerings.
- Provide technical and sales support for partner accounts in assigned territory. Including supporting assigned partners with prospect customers.
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services.
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Perform hands-on work with partner / customer lab engineers to demonstrate product capabilities during trials/evaluations.
- Actively participate as a specialist in the SE team for a technology/application area and provide consultative support to other Systems Engineers.
- Candidates should expect travel up to 50% within their assigned regional territories.
- MUST HAVE 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Deep technical credibility with Ethernet/10 Gb Ethernet, Routing and Switching. Competitive knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, Foundry, Extreme.
- Experience in supporting partners / sales activities targeted at Data Centers including combined sales with Servers and Storage, as well as Web 2.0 and HPC background.
- Good understanding of the channel managing technical relationships and training with both regional and national partners.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...