Business Analyst - Oracle Financials
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
JOIN US WHERE IT ALL BEGAN.
Whether you design clothes or business strategies, crunch numbers, lead projects or write code, we have a place for you at our Seattle headquarters. And we think Seattle is a pretty great place to live. More than just rainy days and coffee, Seattle has it all —
mountains and beaches, arts and parks, music and film. It's made up of quirky neighborhoods, award-winning restaurants, and thriving industry. Come see for yourself!
A day in the life…
Are you an action oriented analyst who is passionate about supporting implementations of technology?
Are you curious and do you like to delve into solutions in Oracle Finance applications?
Does working in a highly collaborative, fun environment sound appealing to you?
Do you like to challenge yourself and others? Do you see the world through your customers’, peers’, and partners’ eyes?
If you answered yes to these questions, this is the position for you.
Working in a dynamic, collaborative team environment, the Business / Systems Analyst will provide production support for business-critical financial systems and is responsible for understanding current processes and applications within the financial suite of products and for contributing to efforts that support and develop improvements as part of a team.
You own this if you have…
- On-call Rotation for support of business-critical systems
- Responding to critical software problems in a rapid and high-quality fashion
- Work with business partners to analyze, troubleshoot, determine urgency and escalate business system needs
- Display energy and initiative in solving problems and technical troubleshooting, undertake a variety of tasks willingly, and the ability to multi task when required
- Confront problems, take ownership through to resolution, or ensure a clear hand-off is in place.
Always have a positive can-do approach to work
- Question, analyze and discover patterns or gaps in a work effort in order to brainstorm creative ideas or solutions and work with others to identify risk factors and seek appropriate feedback and direction
- Identify and recommend opportunities for continual improvements and efficiencies
- Approach unfamiliar situations, projects, systems and stakeholders with confidence and curiosity
- Working with a variety of IT and Business groups to analyze, develop and document technical requirements
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of user guides, job aids and other materials for application users
- Prepare and execute testing and data validation of new development and enhancements
We’ve got you covered…
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Oracle Finance (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets) including Project Accounting a plus
- International Accounting experience a plus
- Minimum of 2 years professional business experience in a related field, demonstrating consistent growth and achievement
- Knowledge of the various steps in the System Development Lifecycle (Waterfall, Agile, & Lean)
- Excellent organizational, analytical and cause and effect consequence thinking skills
- Ability to interact with people across all organization levels
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills required
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
Nordstrom - 30+ days ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...