Software Engineering Manager – Supply Chain Systems
The Software Engineering Manager for HSN’s Fulfillment System plans, directs, and coordinates activities of departmental technology projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. This Manager coordinates the activities of the staff on projects, and ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives. He or she monitors the team that develops and carries out internal IT projects for assigned business units. This entails monitoring project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of the information, and providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise. He or she makes decisions on the integration within systems, resource management, financials, and timelines and leads a high performing team to deliver high quality solutions for the business and customers.
- Works closely with the assigned user community in determining how technology might assist in addressing their needs; translates these needs into system requirements and design specifications.
- Monitors a dynamic team of individuals who constantly search for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs, partly by capitalizing on emerging technologies and partly by adapting technologies to the needs of the customer.
- Reviews project proposals or plans.
- Determines time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, and allotment of available departmental resources for various phases of project.
- Formulates and defines technical scope and objectives of project.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Assigns duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Follows the methodology set forth by HSN business leaders. Digests the current processes and definitions and translates them into a procedure that works best for the project.
- Provides status reports to management.
- Handles the day to day management activities for a specific team of employees performing software development for HSN’s Fulfillment System; administers and enforces company policies.
- Interviews candidates and makes hiring decisions.
- Mentors and trains employees, counsels employees, manage employee issues, administers employee reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 years of IT experience and a minimum of 3 years of direct technical leadership/managerial experience.
- Experience with Warehouse Management System (WMS) packages.
- Experience with Warehouse Material Handling and Control systems.
- Must possess experience implementing packages and working with vendors.
- Experience leading major system conversion initiatives.
- Must possess the ability to manage internal and external development projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of how to leverage business applications for competitive advantage.
- Must have a solid understanding of the software development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, implementation, support, testing and deployment management.
- Must demonstrate expertise in setting and managing customer expectations and technical proficiency in hardware and systems software.
- Must display skill in conceptualizing creative solutions and communicating them to senior management.
- Must be customer focused and able to manage client expectations.
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills along with people management skills.
HSN - 17 months ago
HSN is a leading interactive multichannel retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its...