RightScale is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator with experience managing multiple Linux distributions.
RightScale is a complex web service that manages fault-tolerant and scalable multi-server deployments. Many back-end processes automate common system administration tasks, such as configuring servers at boot time, detecting and restarting failed servers, automatically launching and terminating servers in response to load, managing replicated mysql databases, and more.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Troubleshoot complex networking issues as well as tuning kernel parameters.
· Manage large numbers of servers through automation.
· Configure web2.0 software such as mysql, apache, lighttpd, haproxy, Nginx, Rails, PHP, Django/Python, squid, memcached, etc.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
· Contribute to the knowledgebase, Wookiee and other RightScale resources to help build the best customer experience.
· Work closely with the team to ensure that all company and personal goals are met or exceeded.
The ideal candidate has a Technical Background and Experience that includes:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experienced in Linux system administration
· Programming experience, knowledge of Perl and/or Ruby a plus
· Quick learner, self-starter, willing to work in new areas
· Strong communication and collaboration skills used in a multi-disciplinary environment
All candidates are expected to possess the following skill set:
· Self-starting learner who thrives under pressure and enjoys success
· Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills
· Dedication to individual development, challenging teamwork, and new technology
· Flexibility in a dynamically growing/evolving company
RightScale is a great place to work and we are looking for only the best.