Under limited supervision, provides marketing for Family Independence (FI) and SNAP, job ready clients and identifies employment placements in the (FI) and SNAP Programs to (FI) and SNAP clients by developing employment opportunities, work experience, On the Job Training (OJT) and Community Service slots with non-profit agencies, governmental agencies and public, private employers.
* Develop and implement marketing strategies to publicize the (FI) and SNAP work programs. Establish relationships with area wide business and industry to develop employment opportunities for (FI) recipients and establish working agreements with local one-stops.
* Establish and maintain temporary, full-time and part-time employer banks for opportunities in OJT, work experience, community services, subsidized and unsubsidized employment. The number of positions required for the bank will be determined by the number or work eligible recipients in the county. Communicate job openings to case managers via a standardized process. Responsible for ensuring the work components slots are sufficient for meeting county participation goals.
* Interview and assess clients for appropriate job placement. Attend staffings to provide feedback. Assist with organization and development of employment/retention related training and/or activities for recipients.
* Conduct follow-up visits with employers and clients to determine retention and advancement strategies. Recommend counseling, additional training and/or support services where appropriate. Provide continuous feedback to case managers of participants needs and/or progress.
* Compile statistics and other data for special reports. Routinely prepare reports on job retention and success rates.
* Coordinates with community agencies and businesses to establish line of communication to avoid duplication of effort.
* Establish and meet yearly placement goals to ensure participation rate is met.
* Perform Red Cross Shelter duty or other emergency shelter duty/services as directed.
* Perform other related duties as required and/or directed.
NOTE : Must possess a valid Driver's License.
NOTE : You may be required to drive your personal vehicle from time to time in the performance of duties associated with this position.
NOTE : APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A CERTIFIED OFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT IF APPLICABLE FOR POSITION.
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA MINIMUM, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
(NOTE: ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS MAY BE APPLICABLE FOR INDIVIDUAL POSITIONS IN THE EMPLOYING AGENCY.)
A Bachelor's Degree and relevant program experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
A Master's Degree and two (2) years of professional experience in social services programs, correctional, education, business administration, general administrative management, or relevant program experience.
A Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years of professional experience in social services programs, correctional, education, business administration, general administrative management, or relevant program experience.
NOTE : If any Additional Requirements are listed above applicants must also meet those Additional Requirements to be considered for the position.
NOTE : These Preferred Qualifications are desirable, but not mandatory, for applicants to be considered qualified for the position.
IF YOU ATTACH A RESUME, ALL WORK HISTORY AND EDUCATION INFORMATION THAT IS LISTED ON YOUR RESUME MUST BE ON YOUR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. IF YOU HAVE ANY PERIODS OF TIME WHEN YOU WERE NOT EMPLOYED YOU MUST ALSO LIST THOSE PERIODS ON YOUR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. A RESUME CAN NOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR COMPLETING WORK HISTORY AND EDUCATION SECTIONS OF THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE AND NOT FORWARDED.
*** DIVISION: ECONOMIC SERVICES (FAMILY INDEPENDENCE / SNAP) ***
*** LOCATION: ORANGEBURG COUNTY ***
State of South Carolina - 9 months ago