General Summary of Job Duties
The Slot Technician has four primary functions. Machine conversions of existing product on the floor, installing new machines and moving existing machines. They are responsible for the maintenance of all machines. They must have knowledge of all manufactures’ games.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Assist with SDS reports. Maintains player-tracking system.
- Assists floor personnel with jackpots and machine malfunctions.
- Maintains all machine lights, bill validators, LCD’s, TITO printers, filters and all other moving parts of slot machines and signage. Also maintain all parts of the player tracking system.
- As new product arrives, assist with vendors at install and learn the essentials of each machine.
- Maintains appearance and operation of all slot machines, seating and signage.
- Assists Slot Manager or Manager On Duty in gaming compliance regulations SDS reports.
- Assists with soft count during drop as requested.
- Must keep up to date on new and changing technologies for all Manufactures of gaming devices.
- Knowledge of computers and electronics.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and cleaning of slot machines/signage.
- Develop a good rapport with all vendors. Ordering parts for the machines and shop.
- Recommend ideas for floor design, new product and assist in monthly floor walks.
- Safety of the casino floor during installs and moves. Securing power and player tracking cables.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Arriving on-time for all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Manage staff effectively with timely reviews and address performance issues.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Involve managers and employees in business development decisions and cost savings initiatives.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. - 12 months ago