POSITION: EDITORIAL DIRECTOR, Personal Finance subject matter expertise
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
COMPANY: A leading U.S. content marketing agency is now accepting resumes for a Editorial Director to lead a multi-channel content program for a Fortune 500 financial services company.
The Editorial Director will lead a multi-channel content program for a Fortune 500 financial services company. The program includes both employee-facing content and customer-facing content. Channels include, but are not limited to: a print magazine; a news hub; a blog; an enewsletter; and an internal intranet. Types of content include, but are not limited to: news articles; feature articles; blog posts; advice content; and internal communications.
This position requires an understanding of client-based, branded content-style publishing, as well as consumer finance subject-matter expertise.
A strong foundation in overseeing the day-to-day workflow of the digital editorial process is required, including the development and management of content in all formats from assigning through editing, copyediting, fact-checking, optimization, QA, publishing and measurement. What is most valued is proven success working in a dynamic and integrated content publishing environment. The ideal candidate will understand the best practices of maximizing content across platforms and audiences and will be capable of identifying opportunities for leveraging content across multiple channels— including print, tablet, newsletter, social and web. Must be comfortable and adept at building and strengthening client relationships.
The Editorial Director creates a holistic, short and long term vision for the content program, articulating to all team members the cross-platform implications of their work. Partners with print edit, art, account, development and sales teams to produce dynamic and engaging quality projects. Must work in San Antonio. Relocation support is available.
- Manages the execution of the program’s content strategy
- Manages team of full-time and contract editorial staff, negotiating contracts, overseeing or delegating QA of their work product
- Provides editorial and creative vision and direction
- Ensures content delivery, efficiencies and satisfaction to the account team
- Builds and support a content product that meets audience needs and expands reach
- Ensures that content always supports the client’s brand and objectives
- Participates in content strategy and planning, publishing new content several times a week and overseeing all assigning
- Directs the team in content planning, with an emphasis on gaining efficiencies by sharing resources and reporting across multiple channels
- Manages editorial budget and calendar
- Works with edit team to write/assign/curate new content as requested by the client or client partners
- Ensures that new content creates strong connections with related existing content elements both within primary web property and connected web channels
- Liaises with client’s social media team and agency partners to maximize opportunities for social syndication
- Assists in the strategy, content planning and execution of a promotional newsletter program
- Maintains brand standards and consistency across all published client content
- Collaborates with SEO practice to develop internal team knowledge base on search engine optimization and linking
- Contributes to evolution of both print and digital channels, with forward-thinking ideas about content types, topics and presentation
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field
- Experience: 8–10 years of experience as an editorial director for a multi-channel program that includes print, web, mobile and social platforms. Subject-matter expertise in consumer finance. Must be able to juggle multiple projects at a fast pace and manage many moving parts and details.
- Skills: Strong leadership, written and verbal communication skills and project management skills are a must. Experience with various content management systems (Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, custom builds), HTML a plus, writing and editing for web and social, SEO best practices, MS Office Suite. Ability to manage editorial projects start to finish. Detail-oriented. CQ5 experience preferred, but not required.
Michele S. Magazine, Managing Partner
Michele Magazine Search LLC
150 Central Park South
New York, NY 10019
- 20 months ago - save job