The Campus Life Web Developer designs, builds, and refines web content/design/structure for web presence and related information systems for the Office of Campus Life and its 15 departments, consistent with the university’s student-centered philosophy. This position maintains Campus Life websites and information systems in collaboration with departmental technology/web representatives and provides immediate supervisor analysis of and project management for web and information systems. The Developer assists the Campus Life web communications coordinator with web content generation, design layout, publication, and maintenance.
A Bachelor's degree is required.
Required software skills include:
- 3 years of related experience
- Experience building, designing, and maintaining web pages (Graphical Design/Layout to coding full pages)
- Experience in coordinating vendor system implementations using project management principles
- Proficiency in designing publications for print and web
- Proficiency in defining business requirements, analysis of software configuration options, and user acceptance testing
- Coding capabilities with X/HTML;
- Coding capabilities with CSS;
- Adobe Photoshop;
- Adobe Illustrator;
- CommonSpot CMS (or other CMS platform).
Supplemental software skills include:
- Written communication, proofreading, ability to conduct technical training, research topics and summarize ideas
- Knowledge of electronic publishing, internet tools, social media, and online graphics design
- Understanding of SEO, analyzing web/data analytic reports, demonstrated experience creating multimedia content and developing information architecture for a student/user-centered website
- Capable of both large-scale planning and micro-level decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with frequent interruptions and with multiple stakeholders
Additional Information:The incumbent should possess the follow general competencies:
- MS SharePoint;
- MS Publisher;
- Adobe InDesign;
- Adobe Flash & ActionScipt;
- MS SQL;
- Social Media Technologies;
- Video Editing or Production Experience;
- Image Processing Experience.
- Technical expertise;
- Attention to detail;
- Planning and organizing;
- Customer focus;