SALARY RANGE: $48,900 - $73,400 (DOQ)
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Participate in daily online posting activities and maintenance of web sites to ensure content remains timely and accurate using web and content management technologies. Communicate with authors to update, design and develop new content and ensure all online copy is strategically sound, written in a consistent voice, brand-appropriate, search engine optimized and aligned with the Company’s overall creative approach.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Program Manager, Digital Media
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Proactively manage all online content by working with all content providers for the maintenance and improvement of online platforms.
- Ensure that content of online sites is continuously fresh and engaging.
- Coordinate the content creation and maintenance of all sites.
- Rigorously apply online sites governance (policies/authority matrix/audit, roles and responsibilities).
- Design internet and intranet sites and pages that accurately reflect the Company’s goals, objectives and identity.
- Create concepts, artwork and layout for sites and other online projects based on creative briefs and client meetings.
- Advise staff on the best use of online communications.
- Post/remove content based on metrics or expiration date.
- Assure all web content is written in a consistent voice.
- Take content from other sources and prepare it for a web audience.
- Develop the content or editorial plan for Company websites by working with a team that may include creative director, writers and designers.
- Support user access logins and other administrative functions required to maintain the Content Management System.
- Advise assistant web editors and ensure back-up web editors are trained.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain strong working relationships within Creative Services Department.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with all Black Hills Corporation employees and departments.
- Maintain professional relationships with all vendors.
- Minimum of three year's work experience in communications field required.
- Strong writing and editing experience.
- Experience in web and social media content development preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Visual Design, Liberal Arts or a related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of webpage and design software such as Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, ImageReady, Fireworks and WYSIWYG editors.
- Advanced knowledge of web protocols such as HTML, CSS, XML and JSP.
- Knowledgeable about content management systems and templates – expertise in Drupal preferred.
- Familiarity with new web applications with understanding of methods used to further enhance web sites.
- Understanding of web design issues, including browser usability and cross-platform compatibility.
- Working understanding of social media content development and management.
- Knowledge of methods for tracking web site usage by external audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High levels of self-motivation, curiosity, and creativity.
- Ability to work productively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of business information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and enlist others’ support in ensuring timely project completion.
- Demonstrated interest in energy industry issues; commitment to life-long learning.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to evaluate the success of web work, including setting key performance indicators, monitoring visitor statistics, feedback and participation.
- Strong design and troubleshooting skills as well as an eye for detail.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.