Performs all routine and specialized CT procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
1. Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
2. Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
3. Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
4. Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
5. Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
6. Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
7. Operates CT scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
8. Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
9. Performs interventional procedures applying knowledge of equipment, supplies, and AORN standards.
10. Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers' scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
' Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required.
' Minimum of one year previous experience is preferred.
' Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient's need
' Demonstrated venipuncture competency
' PACS/RIS knowledge is required. ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
' ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required.
' Advanced ARRT (CT) certification is preferred for Alaska, CGCH and SIUSLAW.
' Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
' Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
' Excellent verbal and written communication skills
' Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
' Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc
' Strong organizational and analytical skills
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and...