Provides professional nursing care to patients in the clinic/outpatient setting in compliance with professional practice standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs. This includes assessing patient's condition, triaging patient phone calls, counseling patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and monitoring patient vital signs.
2. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
4. Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environmental and infection prevention programs.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
' Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
' One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred.
' Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
' Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing required.
' Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
' ACLS may be required within six months of date of hire.
' Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
' Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
' Effective prioritization skills
' Ability to provide health education to patients, staff and community
' Knowledge of Medicare, JCAHO & HCFA regulations pertaining to ambulatory care
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
RN in Oregon Bariatric Center:
' Provide patient education pre and postoperatively.
' Coordinate patient care management pre and postoperatively including insurance authorization.
' BSN preferred; Certification in Case Management preferred.
' Experience in care and coordination of Bariatrics patients preferred.
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Caregivers of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Please see above.
PeaceHealth - 13 months ago
PeaceHealth provides patients with a tranquil place to recover. Make that several tranquil places to recover. PeaceHealth serves residents i...