Based in Arlington — right across from the Ballston Metro -- The American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA) is a national organization of more than 11,000 retirement plan and benefits professionals that serves as the educator, voice, and advocate for the employer-based retirement system. Help ASPPA preserve and protect the 401(k)! We welcome you to visit our site at www.ASPPA.org
Director of Non-Credentialed Education
The incumbent will oversee the development, implementation, delivery and management of the association’s non-credentialed education program focusing on content development, budget stewardship, and information delivery necessary to start up a new line of education products and services. The incumbent will ensure effective communication to members; align implementation and oversight of strategic objectives and education program development and delivery; and provide support, guidance and direction to the staff and volunteer team.
- Strategic and operational planning, delivery and monitoring of education programs, (both online and on-ground);
- Assessing and evaluating online courseware for online courses and exams;
- Serving as the "Public face" of Non-credentialed education;
- Applying best practices and knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theory to the strategy, design, and delivery (online and or on-ground) education courses and exams;
- Maintaining and overseeing course content based on feedback from students, faculty, evaluations, and other stakeholders.
- Oversight of conversion of on- ground content to online environment and additional courseware as required.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Non-profit education committee/ volunteer management experience;
- Expertise in working with Instructional Designers and Learning Management Systems;
- Strong entrepreneurial traits
- Bachelor's degree in business management, organizational development, education preferred. Masters in business or education highly desirable;
- Strong written and oral communication, with exemplary management and organizational skills;
- Microsoft Office Suite, Desktop publishing, and LMS expertise required. Association Management System (TMAR’s Personify), highly preferred;
- Technical expertise in Non-credentialed Association Education industry; and
- Familiarity of continuing education credit process, policies and procedures.
The Director of Non-Credentialed Education is a full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package. If this sounds like what you're looking for, send us a cover letter (including your salary expectations) and your resume via the Indeed.com submission tool.