Ensure customer satisfaction by providing on-site preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, equipment modifications, and installation support on various mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electronic units. Provide superior customer service by pro-actively interacting and communicating with customers on a daily basis. Utilize technology to complete administrative requirements as required. Promote STERIS growth through identifying and recommending products and services to customers.
Essential Job Functions
1. Ensure customer satisfaction through pro-active communication and commitment to resolving customer issues/problems.
2. Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on STERIS and related product lines. This includes disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.).
3. Troubleshoot, repair, modify, overhaul, or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems components.
4. Service customers by providing PMA performance, service calls, warranty calls, field upgrade programs, etc. Perform minor installations as required.
5. Utilize technology (laptop computer and related software) to perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required paperwork completion. This includes, but is not limited to plan daily and weekly schedule to achieve optimum utilization, fax schedule to District Service Manager at the beginning of each week; communicate schedule changes to the Customer Service Department daily; computer synchronization daily; complete service reports and activities on- site; maintain on-site Customer Service Logs/Total Maintenance Care books according to STERIS procedures; and maintain tools and parts inventory to prescribed levels as required by District Service Manager.
6. Maintain a working relationship with the District Service Manager to advise of activity/changes related to sales opportunities in assigned territory.
7. Establish and maintain effective, communicative relationships with customers, managers, support functions and the sales organization. Communicate activities to customers related to scheduling Preventative Maintenance and estimated time of arrival for unscheduled work. Pro-actively respond to and resolve customer problems/issues. Utilize provided product and industry knowledge to assure customer’s expectations of service are exceeded. Actively seek continuing education opportunities.
8. Increase company growth through identifying sales opportunities, and recommending STERIS products/services to customers. Communicate leads to management and sales staff. Be a positive ambassador for STERIS at customer sites.
9. Respond to routine customer and sales questions regarding equipment operation and performance. At the District Service Manager’s discretion, provide on-site support to the sales organization, limited to identifying opportunities, sizing, and utility requirements.
10. Maintain courteous and professional demeanor when working with customers, contractors, management, and fellow employees. Utilize customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abide by all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Position requires lifting 50 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 110 lbs. on an occasional basis. Position requires bending, squatting, sitting, standing, and twisting.
Must travel to customer sites that include, but are not limited to hospitals, operating rooms, laboratories, surgi-centers, pharmaceutical production facilities, animal research centers, and possibly morgues. May be subject to customer drug testing, customer specific safety training, or customer SOP training.
Flexible scheduling may be required to accommodate customer needs. This may include working outside of a second shift workday and weekends.
Required to live within 50 miles of the center of the territory.
Commute within assigned territory is compensable after the first 30 minutes (or 25 miles) of drive time in the morning and the last 30 minutes (or 25 miles) of drive time in the evening.
STERIS promotes an environment of continued learning and opportunity, and with that in mind looks for all Field Service Representative I's advance to Field Service Representative II before their fourth annual review.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Valid driver’s license required. Completion of mechanical, electrical, or electronic technical school training preferred.The Scientific Division requires general knowledge of GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) and GLPs (Good Laboratory Practices).
Minimum of one to two years experience in a related field of work with technical school training, or two to three years without advanced training. One to three years STERIS or competitor equipment experience preferred. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Strong technical and troubleshooting skills. Proficiency in computers and windows software strongly preferred. Strong organization and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently and without close supervision. Flexibility to handle multiple and changing priorities. Ability to work flexible hours and travel as required.
General knowledge of the following principles and methods of sterilization, steam generators, operating lights and tables, industrial controls, central processing systems, and modular transport systems.
STERIS is a $1B+, publicly traded (NYSE) organization of over 5000 employees and is dedicated to
providing innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and
services. STERIS Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
STERIS Corporation complies with all obligations with respect to online application systems
under guidelines provided by the US Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract
Compliance Programs. If you are a disabled person who requires reasonable accommodation
to complete an online application, please contact the STERIS Human Resources Department
by phone at 440-392-7047 or 800-548-4873, extension 27047 for assistance
Steris - 2 years ago
STERIS Corporation (STERIS), together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets infection prevention, contamination...