Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse global culture that values teamwork, integrity, innovation, leadership, and an unwavering commitment to our customers.
Rockwell Collins is a global leader in communications solutions that solve our customers' toughest communications challenges in urgent time frames and under extreme conditions. We specialize in enabling complex communication networks that are critical to the operations of the Department of Defense, Civilian Government and commercial markets.
Our success and growth equal new opportunities for talented Production Managers to join our team. At RCI you will work with enthusiastic and innovative business and technical professionals in a fast paced and positive environment. You will contribute directly to exciting projects on the cutting edge of controls technology. We are located in Melbourne, Florida. Whether you prefer the city or the country, you will find easy access from our convenient location to all the region has to offer.
Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of activities in production cells/areas to meet production goals in quality, schedule and cost including supervising employees, planning and supplying the cell/area, and developing and executing the Lean plan. Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency and materials supply. Ensures that objectives are achieved at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements. Plans and administers procedures and budgets for assigned areas and controls expenditures for capital and direct/indirect labor. Develops and executes schedules and manpower requirements for assigned cell/areas. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the cells/areas.
- Operate in accordance with corporate, Operations, and Division policies and practices and in compliance with accepted business ethics. Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to Standards of Business Conduct and trains/motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
- Responsible to manage all resources related to a cell or group of cells including personnel, equipment, materials and budget
- Interprets and implements production and human resources related policies, procedures, and safety standards.
- Organizes, plans, and guides the work load of the assigned area and carries production plans to completion, emphasizing safety, quality, and schedule and cost performance.
- Assists Integrated Product Team Leader by taking lead role in the development and implementation of improved manufacturing methods, training, and troubleshooting problem areas.
- Provides leadership, education, training, guidance, and technical assistance to assigned personnel.
- Prepares and conducts employee performance and disciplinary reviews as appropriate.
- Assists with quality improvement methods by participating in the resolution of production and technical issues.
- Represents Rockwell Collins to customers on internal tours or visits.
- Assures all products produced and shipped to customers meet applicable Rockwell Collins and customer requirements.
- Champions Lean Transformation activities within assigned areas.
- Develops and implements root cause and corrective actions when needed.
- Responsible for leading by example, coaching, promoting, encouraging, and mentoring the department towards high performance work teams.
- Perform routine complex assignments including time approvals, personnel issues, and/or assistance in resolution of production and technical issues.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, and six years of related
experience, or, in the absence of a bachelor's degree, twelve years of
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer committed to
building a diverse global culture that values teamwork, integrity,
innovation, leadership, and an unwavering commitment to our customers.
Manufacturing / Operations
United States-Florida-Melbourne, FL
Melbourne Manufacturing Operations
Forbes recently named Rockwell Collins to its 2015 America’s Best Employers list!
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the design,...