Grand Island Express is an ideal partner for independent driving professionals! We keep you loaded and earning while still making regular home time possible and practical.
Owner Operators enjoy:
Plus you can boost your earnings with great bonus opportunities:
- No forced dispatch
- Mileage on all dispatched miles (loaded and empty)
- Lumper and Drop pay
- 950 miles average run
- Personalized dispatch
- Passenger policy
- EFS fuel card available
- Fuel surcharge
- Insurance coverage at group rates
- Maintenance Escrow Account available
- Weekly settlements for previous week's work
- Free Xata communication system
- Shop facilities at terminal
Grand Island Express will provide contractor with in-cab mobile communications FREE of charge!
- New freight customer bonus
- Referral bonus (Company or O/O)
- East Coast Bonus
Flexible Dispatch Policy: Drivers select their outbound loads; Average 2700-3200 miles per week; Runs to the Northeast, Southeast and Midwest.
Passenger Program: Rider authorization; Limited authorization for dependents 10 years old or older; pet policy.
All approved applicants attend a two-day orientation class. Grand Island Express pays for your bus ticket to orientation and provides lodging and meals. You will also receive $150 per day while attending orientation.
During orientation you will:
- Take a road test
- Receive a DOT physical or have proof of current physical
- Take a physical assessment
- Take a Pre-employment drug screen
- Receive Classroom training
- Tractor can be no more than 7 years old
- 260" maximum wheel base
- Must weigh no more than 18,500 lbs with half tank of fuel
- 47" maximum fifth wheel height
Grand Island Express offers the following types of insurance for each contractor:
Each contractor may purchase the above insurance from the carrier of their choice or may purchase insurance from GIX at our fleet rates. Grand Island Express requires each contractor to deposit $1,000.00 into an escrow fund at the beginning of the lease agreement.
- Bobtail Insurance
- Physical Damage Insurance
- Workmen's Comp Insurance
It’s time to start the best part of your career at Grand Island Express! APPLY NOW!
Grand Island Express - 2 years ago
Refrigerated and dry van truckload carrier. Family owned since 1967 operating about 150 power units and 300 trailers. Annual revnues over...