Security Systems Programmer
Job Description: We are looking for a Security Systems Programmer to engineer and care for our infrastructure and applications. We have hundreds of thousands of users enterprise-wide and millions of users externally. Our services are critical to keeping Intel running and enable others to work with Intel. We need you to help us uphold superlative delivery of our services to securely manage user access to applications, computing resources, and controlled locations.
We will leverage and enhance your understanding of application architectures, operating systems, server build technologies, system patching and auditing, network connectivity, and insight into how given solutions will affect a system as a whole.
Things you will do:
- Maintain a healthy infrastructure by acting both strategically, anticipating system related problems and inefficiencies, and tactically, safeguarding and responding to system related emergencies as they arise.
- Work in close technical collaboration with our development and operations teams, business partners, and enterprise-wide customers.
- Manage and extend our servers and architecture building new environments as needed meeting IT standards, computing environment, and regulatory requirements.
Things we are looking for:
- Will have graduated from an academic institution within the last 18 months or will graduate within 9 months from today's date.
- BS, MS, or PhD candidate in a related technical discipline.
- Possess legal, unrestricted right to work in the United States without sponsorship from a company.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (convert to 4.0 scale equivalent - a blank or < 3.0 GPA will not pass screening).
- An effective problem solver who is driven to methodically spot relevant patterns and issues, create alternative ways to proceed, and resolve technical challenges.
- Course work, experience, or certification with the installation and administration of web applications, databases, and services with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft Internet Information Server; and/or Linux, Oracle DB, and Oracle WebLogic will make us happy.
- Additional course work or experience in shell scripting, .NET/Java programming, Agile development, s/w quality assurance, cloud computing, and/or information security will impress us.
- You should be hungry to learn.
Oct 22, 2012
Oct 22, 2013
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...