Are you the life of the party? A social butterfly? A campus-wide involved student? Or just plain driven to succeed? U-Haul Car Share, a nation wide car sharing company, has an opportunity for a Marketing Intern. We are looking for a student to help market, manage, and grow the car sharing program on campus. This individual will have strong knowledge of social media, a creative mindset, good work ethic and initiative to accomplish goals. Set your own work schedule and work environment. If you like to think outside the box then U-Haul Car Share is the place for you!!
Under the direction of the Program Manager of U-Car Share, the student will help promote U- Car Share on campus to students, staff and faculty. This may include attending promotional booth events on campus, directly marketing students at dorms, marketing to departments on campus and other marketing techniques as necessary. Students must visit each vehicle at least once every other week, providing basic maintenance and cleaning. This may include inflating flat tires, checking oil and/or calling other U-Haul personnel for assistance. Students will provide weekly summaries of achievement, failures and plans for the following week.
The successful applicant will be pursuing a marketing or business degree with a passion for entrepreneurship and the desire to run their own business. Candidates should be self-motivated and able to work independently. This position will provide the selected student with experience in growing and operating a small business.
- Develop marketing ideas and strategies to engage students about car sharing benefits.
- Promote directly to students; hand out flyers, work with Student Life or school administration to put up posters, schedule mail box stuffers for on campus residents, etc.
- Host promotional tabling events at school functions or just because it is Monday.
- Organize media for the school's websites, newsletters, emails, and social media outlets.
- Submit ideas weekly for brochures, door hangers, cards, shirts, etc...
- Outreach/Networking: school administration and social organizations (meetings, events, social media).
- Be capable of using a variety of computer programs to achieve day to day tasks.
- Be organized, set goals and achieve them.
- Review and update any documents to ensure and maintain accuracy of content.
- Overlook campus Car Share vehicles: keep the vehicles in smooth operation and notify the U-Haul Car Share team of any issues.
- Work remotely to complete objectives set by the U-Haul Car Share team.
- Increase utilization/reservation by students/faculty/staff.
Job Status: Temporary-Internship
Hours: 15-20 hours a week
Must be a current student of Campbellsville. This is a paid internship position
U-Haul - 23 months ago
U-Haul wants to know if you are sure you want to spend the extra money for a moving company? If not, there's AMERCO, whose principal...