Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) is a recognized leader in providing Information Technology, Engineering Services, Program Management and Consulting Services. For 20 years, PSS has enabled Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. PSS provides a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing local Federal sector workforce. We offer an excellent compensation package which includes a generous salary, insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.), paid leave, 401k plan (employer matching contribution), tuition reimbursement, computer purchase programs and more. PSS is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer (M/F/D/V) who is committed to hiring a diverse talented team of professional to provide world class services and products aimed at exceeding our customers' expectations.
PSS, Inc. is actively seeking a Unix Administrator (Mid-Level) to join our team located in the Suitland, MD area.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Candidates will be responsible for System Administration for UNIX servers.
· Candidates will be responsible for administration and troubleshooting of UNIX environment issues and problems.
· Candidates will be responsible for dealing directly with mid-level server platform hardware.
· 4+ years of Solaris System Administration experience.
· Proven experience dealing directly with mid-level server platform hardware.
· BA or BS Degree OR equivalent years of work experience (6+ years).
· Candidates must have a current Security + Certification in order to be considered for this position.
· Candidates must have an active Top Secret SCI clearance in order to be considered for this position.
· Systems Administration experience with Solaris 9 & 10.
· Brocade FC Switches.
· CISCO Network Switches.
· Basic TCP/IP understanding.
· DNS/BIND skills.
· Experience performing network backups (for example, NetBackup).
· Understanding of various shell capabilities (sh, csh, ksh, etc.).
TS/SCI Clearance (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, U.S. Citizenship is required.)