SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the operation of coffee processing equipment for necessary movement of coffee from bulk to packaging area for consumer products with heavy emphasis on high-end quality processing procedures. This position is in the Work In Process (WIP) area which includes flavoring, blending, grinding, bag-off and coordination of the WIP deck.
HOURS: Sunday - Wednesday 3:00 pm to 1:30 am
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Support the functions of the flavoring, blending, grinding, bag-off and any other support needed on the deck.
- Positions bulk coffee for machine operation to break down for customer packaging.
- Attentive to daily scheduling required to meet customer requirement.
- Performs timely required quality checks and operator specific adjustments.
- Prepares machines for startup and shutdown procedures daily.
- Prepares product travelers and transfer paperwork according to established procedures.
- Performs area and machine cleaning as directed.
- Follows all policies, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by OSHA, GMCR and the department.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- 1-2 years of experience in a coffee roasting or manufacturing environment.
- Basic math, mechanical, and computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Certified to drive a forklift or willing to become certified.
- Working knowledge of inventory control systems.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and PeopleSoft.
- Ability to positively and comfortably handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment requiring self-motivation and focused attention to detail.
- Responds and relates well to leaders.
- Ability to work positively in a team environment and occasionally work a flexible schedule with overtime with little or no supervision.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures.
An offer of employment for this position will be contingent upon the individual successfully completing a pre-employment medical exam, drug and alcohol screening, as provided by a GMCR selected physician. The examination must be completed prior to the first day of employment. GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes and references.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds frequently with mechanical assistance
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to constantly lift, bend, stretch and stand during entire shift
- Ability to push/pull up to 1,500 pounds using supplied equipment
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, and stoop, twist, and reach overhead with repetitive motions
GMCR is an E-Verify employer and EOE.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- 3 years ago - save job
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...