Monday - Friday 3:00 - 7:00 pm (Part-Time)
Responsible for cleaning buildings, removing debris, and keeping areas neat and tidy. Vacuums and buffs floors, shampoos carpets, empties trash receptacles, and replace lining of trash cans
Essential Job Functions:
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Clean buildings by emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces.
- Clean and disinfect laboratory equipment.
- Sterilize patients' rooms.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Steam-clean carpets.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Apply wax to coat floors and buff.
- Apply sealant to floors.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Mow lawns, trim shrubbery, plant flowers, and apply pesticides.
- Move heavy equipment and furniture.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Fix minor plumbing leaks.
- Shovel snow from sidewalks and sprinkle salt on surface.
- High School Diploma, One year of experience in the care and cleaning of buildings, including one year equivalent to a Janitor.
- The job duties require an employee to walk, bend, reach, push, lifting 10lbs or more and standing for extended periods.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the janitorial
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules.
- Knowledge of the proper use of chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to operate and use janitorial tools, equipment, and supplies such as floor buffers, vacuum cleaners, and cleaning compounds and solutions.
Please Note: This job description is not all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
All working hours and location may be subject to change
Athelas Institute - 4 months ago