AppRiver is looking for an experienced Senior .Net Software Architect. We expect you to have at least 10 years work experience in business software development. We expect you to shape, design and plan specific service lines in the email and web security area. Do you have a thorough understanding of structured programming design techniques and best-practice design patterns used to create high-quality, robust and readable code? Do you have experience in all phases of the Software Development Life cycle? Can you “hit the ground running” and immediately be productive?
So if you are a good fit, then apply to this fast growing company with a clear business plan, you will be rewarded with a strong salary, excellent benefits and other cool perks. We are a bit picky when it comes to hiring new developers. But that’s only because we love our company and we want the right people working alongside us.
The area: Software Development
AppRiver’s software developers develop the next-generation technologies for which we've become world-renowned. In addition to revolutionizing the email and web security technology business, we use our world-class code writing skills to innovate in a number of other areas as well. AppRiver is populated by extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented people; our Development team gets excited by developing new applications that really make a difference and are used by millions of people.
Senior .Net Software Architect has to collaborate with the team to select appropriate design solutions and ensure compatibility of systems components. You have has a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems. You're a driven team player with strong application development skills who loves creating and troubleshooting challenging coding issues and participating in developer communities. You have managed projects through tout the various phases of the development cycle.
What You Need to Prove:
- At least ten (10) years of work experience in .NET Framework applications (VB.Net or C#).
- Solid hands on experience with WF, WCF, WPF, SOA, MFC, Silverlight, Web Services, XML, SQL, Architect, Lead Developer
- Oversee aspects of project life cycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases for projects within solution area
- Hands on experience with SQL databases and object mapping technologies
- Hands-on experience of designing and developing multi-tier distributed systems and service driven API's.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in the Information Technology industry, specifically related to software design and development, database design and development, and system integration.
- Collaborates with Project Managers and technical directors to provision estimates, develop overall implementation solution plan, and serve lead as required, to implement installation, customization, and integration efforts
- Demonstrable architecture skills to architect graceful software solutions that are reliable, scalable, resilience and sustainable.
- Build and maintain repository for deliverables, methodologies, and business development documents
- Ensure that development practices comply with AppRiver’s best policies and procedures.
- Evaluate current and emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, compatibility, portability and usability.
- Solid understanding of service oriented architecture and its methodologies.
- Project and program management planning.
- Have sharp analytical abilities, effective problem solving techniques, proven design skills and a solid track record of on-time delivery against tight timeframes.
- Extensive exposure to building software solutions driven by service oriented architecture.
- Time management and periodization experience.
- Strong debugging, investigative, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity of developing reusable frameworks serving foundation of service oriented architecture
- Be adaptable, flexible, cooperative and show initiative
- Be organized and can write documents that people can understand
- Capable of dealing with cross-team dependencies, rapid schedules and a constant evolving business environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in in writing
Stuff You Will Be Doing:
- Microsoft Exchange and/or SharePoint development experience.
- Linq and Virtualization Certification
- Visual Studio 2008 or 2010 Certification
- MCPD Certification or MCTS Certification
- Past experience working with Agile teams and following agile practices of test-driven development, refactoring, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience leading and mentoring individuals and teams
Stuff We Use Here:
- You will be working on transformational initiative to build a next generation mission critical transaction and information management platform that is based on service oriented architecture driven by performance, efficiency, and serviceability.
- Must be a hands-on developer seasoned in building large scale and architecturally sound software solutions that meet stringent requirements of reliability, resilience, scalability and reusability.
- Work proactively with all team members to challenge status-quos and bring continuous improvements to the new service platform and development methodologies.
- Work closely with managers to define, estimate and schedule tasks, and to manage deliverables with strong commitments
- Develop software in a hands-on capacity by writing .NET source code (C#) using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Multi-tasking, we have a lot going on as a business
This is the right place for you if you :
- Microsoft .NET Framework and Visual Studio
- SQL Server, Internet Information Server, MSMQ
- Active Directory
- Windows Server, Hyper-V
- Any technology that we find useful
- Build Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
- Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
- Enjoy Problem Solving: You encourage others in collaborative problem solving without taking over.
- Have passion for learning and growing professionally and technically
- Take pride in your work.
StackOverflow Jobs - 2 years ago