Capgemini, one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, enables its clients to transform and perform through technologies. Capgemini provides its clients with insights and capabilities that boost their freedom to achieve superior results through a unique way of working - the Collaborative Business Experience - and through a global delivery model called Rightshore®, which aims to offer the right resources in the right location at competitive cost. Present in 40 countries, Capgemini reported 2011 global revenues of EUR 9.7 billion and employs over 120,000 people worldwide.
As a part of the Government Solutions Group, the Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing and leading work components and analyzing and resolving business problems. The Manager will work closely with clients and must demonstrate individual functional and professional knowledge to ensure work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber. The Manager will also apply project management expertise to identify, develop and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues and optimize cost savings for clients, and to ensure that all project deliverables are completed on time and within budget by more junior team members. The Manager will also carry a yearly target for managed revenue.
Capgemini Government Solutions LLC and its U.S. affiliates are EEO/AA employers. Capgemini conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled and other covered veteran status.
Capgemini Government Solutions:
As a leading provider of services in the public sector - civilian, defense, state and local, & healthcare organizations - Capgemini Government Solutions (CGGS) understands what is required to accelerate business decision making, increase productivity, improve quality in project delivery, and provide the services vital to effectively managing a program. Our consulting teams work with public sector organizations to solve mission-critical problems quickly by identifying, designing, and implementing value added changes in their strategies and operations. Our key offerings include IV&V Services, Strategy and Transformation, Supply Chain Management, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Enterprise Resource Planning, Organizational Change Management, Human Capital Management and Program Management.
We've helped the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Defense, and the Department of Agriculture - just to name a few of our clients - implement programs, transform their organizations, and solve some of their toughest issues. As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Capgemini Group, we have an agile, entrepreneurial corporate environment in the unique position of having the support of a multibillion-dollar international organization. And, just like our clients, we are here to serve. At Capgemini, People Matter, Results Count.
As Stage Gate Lead, you will support government clients, working closely with them to provide timely and responsive value-added services and work products. You will work alongside functional and technical specialists to assist with the refinement, implementation, and integration of the program Stage Gate Process to ensure effective management of the project through the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC). In addition to direct management of the Stage Gate processes, you will also assist the IVV Project Manager and provide support to the various IVV assessments work streams.
- Communicate with various stakeholder groups ranging from Senior Executive Management to line workers
- Use leading practices and industry standards to evaluate program artifacts and develop recommendations for improvement
- Advise program leadership on the overall state of the program
- Provide project management support for the IVV team, IVV Project Manager, and IVV Portfolio Manager
- Lead the design of, preparation for, and execution of Gate Review panel meetings
- Identify relevant artifacts and activities to support evaluation of the program at each gate
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for the Gate Review process
- Lead the completion of client deliverables including Gate Review outputs
- Manage the detailed project schedule for the Gate Review work stream
- Provide oversight of assessments related to stage gate reviews
- US Citizenship
- BS or BA in a related field
- Ability to obtain National Agency Check (NAC)
- Project management experience on large ERP Implementations
- Strong facilitation skills
- Understanding of Stage Gate Processes in support of system implementation projects
At Capgemini, you will own your individual career and actively participate in the planning of your professional development. Qualified candidates must also have superior aptitude for analytical concepts, oral and written communication skills, customer focus, teamwork abilities, integrity, and relationship-building skills. Time management skills are a must, as well as the ability to be flexible and creative. Demonstrated leadership ability is a plus.
- Current government security clearance
- Experience on public sector programs (either directly or through an integrator)
- SAP or other ERP full implementation lifecycle experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Intermediate Certification
The environment is fast-paced and with multi-team, multi-company interactions working towards a common program goal. The IV&V team size is 17. Work sites are Capgemini, USDA, and SI (SRA) offices, all located in Washington, DC directly accessible and walk-able from the Orange Line Metro.
Capgemini, one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, and outsourcing services, enables its clients to transform and perform through technologies. Capgemini provides its clients with insights and capabilities that boost their freedom to achieve superior results through a unique way of working - the Collaborative Business Experience. Present in 40 countries, Capgemini reported 2011 global revenues of $13.5 billion and employs over 120,000 people worldwide.
Capgemini has an amicable environment that embodies and holds the following stated values close to heart: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. Moreover, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, group life, accidental death and dismemberment, short and long-term disability, group automobile, homeowners, and legal plan insurance. Additionally, we offer competitive salaries and a great profit sharing/401K plan.
If you meet the qualifications for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
. For more information on Capgemini, please visit
. Capgemini is an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum of 5 years functional experience working within an Government Consulting environment
- Minimum of 5 years experience with desktop applications, client interviewing, deck writing, issue analysis, data analysis and process design
- Minimum of 5 years experience in transformation engagements focused on related area of expertise or general business transformation
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing project delivery and consulting leadership
- Deep understanding of industry dynamics and trends including strategy & operations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong executive presence with good relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Successful teamwork experience & demonstrated leadership abilities
- Bachelors degree in a related area of study
- 5-8 years of related work experience
- MUST be willing to travel extensively, up to 100%
Capgemini - 23 months ago
Capgemini is a French global IT services company, one of the world's largest management consulting, outsourcing and professional services...