To provide technical support for DJS customers and staff in the areas of editorial, composition, electronic/online delivery and production workflow management services.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
Provide technical support to DJS customers and staff
Assist in the development and maintenance of applications, tools and technologies.
- Support all internal and external users of DJS publishing applications, tools and technologies, including custom-developed and off-the-shelf applications.
- Lead or assist troubleshooting efforts, escalating issues as appropriate and completing help desk tickets.
- Setup, test and provide demonstrations and training sessions.
- Create and maintain technical as well as end-user documentation for all systems and customizations.
Act as a liaison between DJS Account Managers/Sales Reps and DJS operations personnel
- Work cooperatively with the DJS technology development team to develop, enhance, and administer off-the-shelf and custom technology solutions.
- Lead/assist in the transition of new customers, including database setup, workflow design/configuration, tools configuration and customization, testing and rollout.
- Setup, test, and troubleshoot existing customer accounts.
- Interface with DJS technology partners and software providers to troubleshoot, maintain, and support the technology systems.
Review and recommend new technologies
- Operate as an advocate for customers in employing DJS technologies.
- Work proactively to ensure a smooth digital process is in place for all customers.
- Reapply best practices across customers.
- Assist in resolving workflow difficulties with DJS staff and customers.
Perform all tasks as defined by Supervisors while adhering to our Purpose and Values
- Maintain working knowledge of evolving technologies for use in DJS publishing workflows.
- Provide advice to DJS staff in areas of workflow improvement.
- Act with integrity and build trust with others.
- Demonstrate sound business and professional ethics.
- Show consistency of principles, values, and behavior.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology is preferred but not required
- 3-5 years of STM editorial and/or publishing experience; customer support experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment preferred
- Familiarity in development languages and tools such as VBA, Perl, XML, XSLT, SQL, Visual Studio and Crystal Reports; proficiency preferred
- Experience writing project scope and requirements documents, and technical and end-user documentation preferred
- Proficient in the use of Windows-based applications including the Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, and Adobe Creative Suite, and software installation procedures
- Comfortable with learning software and/or programming tools
- Strong troubleshooting skills; ability to think logically and analytically when addressing support issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to adjust communication style to the end user knowledge level in order to convey the message while educating the user
- Responsible; able to work independently without supervision and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Strong project management skills; ability to work as part of a team or as a team leader to ensure that tasks are accomplished and tracked in a manner that allows DJS to execute successful implementation of existing or new technologies
- Familiarity with other publishing-related tools and technologies related to the DJS business including SGML/XML (NLM/JATS experience preferred), ePub, electronic/online distribution and hosting, and peer review systems
The Sheridan Group - 19 months ago
According to The Sheridan Group, it's printing that is mightier than the sword. Through its six specialized printing businesses, The...