Superstars are easy to spot. They're bright, dynamic, and passionate. They don't settle for good enough, they demand excellence both of themselves and others. And at Hayneedle, superstars are the norm, not the exception.
Hayneedle owns and operates nearly 300 online specialty stores. At Hayneedle, customers find what they love and love what they find - for their home, their life, their style. We combine the best selection with innovative online shopping tools and top-notch customer service, culminating in a revolutionary, easy shopping experience.
We've built Hayneedle on hard work, passion, and incredible energy. That's why we've been named one of Omaha's Best Places to Work more than once. If you value a workplace environment that values you, consider applying at Hayneedle. Our expectations are high, but the job satisfaction is higher. And we owe it to our employees to make sure we hire only the best and the brightest.
What does a MySQL D atabase Administrator at Hayneedle do?
The Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining all MySQL database instances and platforms including: uptime SLAs, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, and assisting developers. The DBA will also research and recommend appropriate solutions using alternative database or data storage technologies such as NoSQL and NewSQL.
What basic qualifications will our MySQL Database Administrator need to have?
- Participate in design and implementation of all aspects of the database architecture, including: data models, schemas, data flows, aggregations, clustering, replication, backup, and recovery.
- Partner with development teams for performance tuning and optimization, query optimization, and index tuning and be able to document best practices. Monitor database health and performance with a focus towards maximizing uptime.
- Assist with upgrade and patch management, as well as overall server storage architecture. Manage database security, backup, failover, and storage lifecycle strategies.
- Perform recovery and availability validation testing.
- Write, test, and deploy scripts to update large amounts of data on request.
- Identify, recommend, and stay current on tools and services for managing database infrastructure.
How to apply:
- Master’s in Database Management/Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required. In the alternative to a Master’s degree and one year of experience in the job offered or related positions, the employer will accept applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in the same field with 5 years progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or related positions.
- 1 years of experience supporting high availability databases and related web applications.
- 1 year of experience with implementation and support of advanced databases (i.e. MySQL/Oracle).
- 6 months of experience with Linux and shell scripting.
If you think you're the needle in the haystack we're seeking, convince us. Explain in your cover letter why you think you'll be a good fit at Hayneedle. If the idea of a fast-paced, challenging, and fun environment appeals to you, apply. If you can bring fresh ideas, a great attitude, and commitment to your work, apply. If you're a superstar, you're already composing your opening sentence. Read on for details.
Check us out on the web – www.hayneedle.com
Write us an original and sincere letter telling us about yourself, how you can contribute to our winning team, and what you desire regarding your career.
Fill out our online application – either through Careerlink or at www.hayneedleinc.com/careers.html
Please note that when you are applying to mention job order # MDA102
Follow us on Twitter at:
Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hayneedle