The Tool Crib Coordinator manages inventory levels of fasteners, components, non-steel materials, and production tools and supplies in support of production for both structural and joist operations. Performs inventories and submits requisitions and reports on a weekly basis. Performs data entry of schedules, timekeeping, and hours.
Essential functions :
- Produce daily requisitions for fasteners, components and non-steel materials in accordance with job orders.
- Conduct weekly physical inventory of fasteners, components, non-steel material items and submit requests to replenish stock. Maintain minimum and maximum inventory levels for all items.
- Prepare weekly reports on the usage of fasteners, components, non-steel material items.
- Check tools, supplies & safety equipment and assign lockers to user departments.
- Maintain records of all transactions on paper and in a computer base.
- Conduct physical inventories to reconcile stock and submit requisitions to maintain stock levels. Place inventory on shelves as received.
- Prepare weekly report on Tool Crib usage.
- Assist in the unloading of inventory.
- Assist in data entry for Maintenance, Production, and any other areas as required.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Possess computer skills in Windows Excel, and Lotus Notes
- Experience in Oracle (Purchasing and Inventory software) and SPM (Production software) or other inventory management software preferred.
- Follow quality procedures and demonstrate strong safety awareness.
- Work independently and/or as a cooperative team member.
- Possess the ability to do repetitive tasks with high energy for long periods of time.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Willingly take directions from Supervisory and Leads.
- Maintain acceptable attendance and be able to work mandatory overtime as requested.
- Able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Able to perform basic math skills: add, subtract, multiply, simple fractions. Read tape measure; take measurements in standard and metric systems.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in an effective manner with customers, coworkers, clients and supervisors.
Physical demands :
Generally seated work with regular periods required to stand. Use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
General office and constant exposure to computer display screen. Routine exposure to structural (heavy) steel fabrication environment, routine outside weather conditions, excessive noise levels and is rarely exposed to vibration. Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as excellent opportunities for training and advancement.
Date of Posting: February 5, 2013 to March 5, 2013. May remain open until filled.
Canam is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). Requests for special accommodations should be directed to the Human Resources Department.
Groupe Canam - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard