- Melbourne, FL or Falls Church, VA - HCS2131005
- Responsible for troubleshooting, deploying, supporting, and diagnosing Linux RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 5.x and 6.x) issues within development, test, and production environments.
- Builds, configures, troubleshoots, and integrates new and existing servers running Linux RedHat Enterprise to provide service enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades.
- Recommends software and hardware enhancements, diagnoses and corrects issues, defines and implements new services with the goal of achieving maximum server uptime and availability.
- Responsible for monitoring performance, system usage.
- Conducts system analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies and security requirements.
- Successful candidates will have a Bachelors degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience (or commensurate background and experience).
- Successful candidates will have a RedHat certification.
- Knowledge/support for customized kernels and customized RPM packages.
- Hands-on experience with NFS, SAN/network protocols, DNS BIND 9 views administration, Static DHCP administration, security hardening (STIG guidelines), implementation firmware, software and O/S upgrades.
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Working knowledge of web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, web and database servers.
- Integrating and troubleshooting Oracle database connectivity.
- Integrating and troubleshooting security scanning software.
Preferred Additional Skills:
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Familiar with scripting and automation using bash, Perl, Python, and other common Linux utilities.
- Familiar with RedHat Directory Server and RedHat Satellite Server
- Familiar with RedHat virtualization and IBM General Parallel File System (GFPS)
- Familiar with IBM Blade Series H server architecture.
- Software engineering support of TFS a plus
- Previous experience supporting Government customers.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions
Harris Corporation - 2 years ago
Harris has ways to make its customers communicate. The company, which develops communications products for government and commercial...