Position Title: Executive Secretary
Department: Advancement Services
Division: Advancement Services
Reports To: Vice President of Advancement Services
The Executive Secretary is responsible for the coordination of support activities including direct assistance and clerical support to the Vice President for Advancement Services of the Florida State University Foundation, Inc.
- Provides administrative support to the Office of Advancement Services and inclusive departments; Information Services, Data Management, Gift Processing, Research and Prospect Management
- Fields and resolves building services requests, schedules board room reservations and maintains furniture inventory
- Supports the coordination of the new employee onboarding process
- Coordinates cell phone and copier orders and reconciles monthly statements
- Resolves any billing anomalies with vendors
- Organizes and maintains information in a variety of file formats, including network files
- Prepares correspondence, departmental disbursement requests, reconciles purchasing card expenditures, monitors expenses and may assist with monthly budget reconciliation
- Coordinates appointment scheduling, travel arrangements and calendar maintenance
- Schedules meetings with internal personnel, academic deans, development officers, research and campus personnel
- Provides front desk coverage and lobby support in rotation system with other administrative staff
- Distributes monthly activity reports regarding department budgets
- Makes copies, send faxes, coordinates mailings and order supplies
- Provides clerical support for occasional special projects
- Assists the Vice President of Advancement Services with other duties as assigned
- Protects confidential information
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree preferred; Commensurate experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative support experience in a professional setting.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently, across various and diverse departments
- Independent follow-up and follow-through on assigned tasks, ability to audit own work
- Proven organizational skills
- Effective time management
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, to include effective writing
- Strong focus on customer service and proactive problem resolution
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Careful attention to detail
- Maintain positive, professional demeanor
- Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
- Bend body downward and forward by bending legs and spine, so as to crouch or stoop.
- Extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Seize, hold, grasp, turn or otherwise work with hands.
- Pick, pinch or otherwise work primarily with fingers.
- Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Perceive the nature of sounds, receive detailed information through oral communication, made discriminations in sounds
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are.
- Adjustment of lens of eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the right or left while eyes are fixed on a given point.
The individual in this position will encounter a work environment as described below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- General office environment
- Lighting is adequate
- Temperature is regulated and moderate
- Low likelihood of unavoidable hazardous conditions
- Moderate noise
- Moderate dust
- Standard technology and office equipment accessible
- 23 months ago - save job
Florida State University is among the most efficient of the nation's highest ranked universities, according to a new list released Dec. 8 by...