Technology Operations Support Analyst (Full-Time) - Hawaii (Oahu)
Job ID #: 23712
Company : Expedia Local Expert
Location : USA - HI - Honolulu
Functional Area : Information Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Technical Diploma
Experience Required : 3-5 Years
Relocation Provided : No
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
Expedia Local Expert (ELE) offers face-to-face personalized recommendations and assistance in booking events, activities, tours, attractions and other services that travelers seek in their destinations. ELE focuses on providing exceptional service to our guests, our lodging partners, and our supply partners. We help travelers get the most out of each destination, which in turn helps our lodging partners develop loyal guests and helps our supply partners grow their businesses. ELE professionals are passionate and knowledgeable about their markets. With access to a rich portfolio of thousands of tours and adventures, ELE operates concierge and activity desks in nearly 100 hotels and other retail locations across Hawaii; in Las Vegas, Nevada; Orlando, Florida, and San Diego, California; and in the major resorts of Mexico.We are seeking a Field Support Technician to support our ELE operations in the Hawaii (Oahu) Market.
Core Responsibilities :
- Assist with managing IT technology assets. Help ensure current asset tracking across all ELE operations, including:
- Computer systems and related accessories
- WAN connections
- Voice/Fax lines
- Routing/switch equipment
- POS Licenses
- Assist in regular updates to OS images for our POS stations.
- Assist in managing point of sale hardware and network.
- Making recommendations on updates to hardware / network setup in order to drive down ongoing support costs, increase productivity, reliability and resiliency.
- Implementing changes designed and recommended by the ELE management team
- Managing end-user support services to ensure the local ELE market is supported in the following ways:
- Concierges – Using a combination of third party and/or internally available desk side support to deliver top quality, fast response support for our team.
- Corporate Global Service Desk – Assist Expedia IT as a “smart hands” resource for issues that may arise in the market offices, as well as for the Concierges in the field.
- Office Telecom – Assist Expedia’s Telecom as a “smart hands” resource for Telecom needs in the market offices.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science or equivalent certifications, or an equivalent amount of years of experience.
- Professional Work Experience (3-5 years) with:
- Desktop: Windows Group/Local Policy, WSH Scripting
- Network: TCP/IP, VOIP, LINUX, SSH, basic knowledge of firewalls, etc.
- Managing network and computer infrastructure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Clear track record of strong customer service
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new and emerging technologies
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing priorities and responsibilities
- Ability to work proficiently with minimal daily guidance
- Flexibility to travel to Concierge Desk locations locally (Hawaii requires some travel to other islands)
- Willingness to work a flexible/rotating schedule that sometimes requires working in the evenings and/or on weekends
Core Competencies :
- Problem Solving/Judgment
- Customer Focus
- Results Focus
Expedia, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits to our full-time employees including 401(k) with an employer match, medical, dental, life insurance, vacation time and much more. Please indicate your availability when submitting your resume and/or application.
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
About Expedia, Inc:
Expedia, Inc. is the world’s leading online travel company, empowering business and leisure travelers with the tools and information they need to easily research, plan, book and experience travel. Expedia, Inc. also provides in-destination concierge service and activity desks for travelers. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio of brands includes: Expedia.com®, Hotels.com®, Hotwire®, Egencia™, Expedia Local Expert™, Classic Vacations® and eLong™. Expedia, Inc.’s companies operate more than 50 global points of sale with sites in North America, South America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Expedia, Inc. is a component of the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit http://www.expediainc.com/ (NASDAQ: EXPE).
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...