Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health is the largest provider of health care services in Kansas. We serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services.
Directs and coordinates all activities for room service and dishroom as needed for Nutrition Services department by performing the functions listed below. Communicates and assists in all activities for area of responsibility to ensure timeliness of task completion.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Monitors runners and cooks for timely tray prep and delivery (30 minutes or less).
- Determines break times, task priorities and reduces staff as needed.
- Monitors food and service quality and accuracy of trays.
- Assists management and Sous Chefs in training of staff for consistent high quality service.
- Trains relief staff on service skills.
- Ensures consistency of recipes, appearance, standards and temperatures.
- Works with speed, consistency and accuracy.
- Maintain standards under regulatory and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) guidelines, and reviews compliance with The Joint Commission requirements and other regulatory agencies.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One year certificate from college or technical school and two-three years related experience and/or training preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Exhibit compassion for patients, family members, and others; along with a nurturing spirit to provide care during emotionally stressful situations.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to properly operate all equipment in area
- Current Food Handler's card required. (N/A at VCH-P)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds above the head.
- Occasionally required to sit in a stationary position.
- Requires frequent movement throughout the day and occasional movement from one location to another within Via Christi Health.
- Able to tolerate frequent standing on hard and soft surfaces throughout the day.
- Occasionally performs activities that require climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and reaching with hands and arms throughout the day.
- Frequently uses hands and fingers to handle items such as serviceware and cleaning equipment.
- Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as individual voices and phone calls/paging.
- Frequently able to use all types of vision, such as close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception, to complete daily tasks.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate spoilage or environmental issues.
Position Scope/Patient Population:
- The employee is frequently exposed to indoor elements, such as:
- moving, mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to indoor elements, such as:
- risk of electrical shock.
- extreme cold/extreme heat.
- toxic or caustic chemicals.
- fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor elements, such as:
- outside weather conditions.
- extreme cold/extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Nutrition Services staff provide for the dietary needs of employees, patients and other customers of any age.
Via Christi Health is an Equal Opportunity (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer. We support diversity in the workplace.
Via Christi Health System - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard