The Senior Analyst serves as a strategic planning partner to merchandising, marketing, and operations by providing direction, forecasting, and merchandise assortment decisions. This person provides fact-based analysis, insight, and recommendations by synthesizing all research information for various product categories using point-of-sales (POS) data, inventory data, competitive analyses, and analytical modeling.
This role will experience exposure to Senior Management including the CFO and other members of the Senior Management team.
Demand Forecasting and Inventory Replenishment
- Assist with the development and implementation of a forecasting model
- Responsible for maintaining model and identifying for opportunities continuous improvement
- Identify needs to improve buying process and develop required logic for systematic solution
- Work cross functionally to prepare and expose necessary data
- Develop logic and testing frame for buying system
- Implement production level buying system
- Work with internal and/or external developers to deploy a full-featured buying system
- Continuously reevaluate needs and make improvements when possible
- Improve assumptions used in buying system
- Expand capabilities to enable growth
- Provide regular reporting to senior management
- Help determine success metrics of buying process
- Build reporting to enhance daily visibility into buying activities
- Assist in the documentation and improvement of the assortment management process
- Process by which products are identified as an assortment need through syndicated data analytics, competitor analytics, customer research, and vendor recommendations
- Development of strategic management process for item selection and retirement process
- Improve new item introduction process by leveraging promotional efforts and vendor support to ensure success
- Work cross functionally with participating groups to improve product lifecycle process
- Document existing processes
- Help identify opportunities
- Assist in solving issues through improved cross functional partnership and process improvements
- Support development of space management process to improve merchant visibility into warehouse space availability
- Champion positive change cross functionally
- Performs well under pressure, within a team, and individually
· Internal drive to finish work by deadlines (self motivated)
· Strong attention to detail
· Able to multi-task effectively
· Know when you need extra help and leverage the knowledge and experience of others to overcome tough obstacles
· Inspire others to stretch their limits and succeed
- Improve financial outputs by bringing discipline to key business decisions
- Communicates insights effectively, both verbally and in writing, with members of team and Senior Management
- A minimum of 5 years experience at either a retailer or a consumer products company to include - 2-3 years of experience in a role analyzing POS and/or Pricing data;
- Advanced analytical skills necessary for formulation of research, process information, and data interpretation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills - good negotiation skills tempered by sensitivity
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Access
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-confidence, and sound intuition
- Ability to learn quickly within a dynamic company and market place
Experience with demand management software preferred
- Experience with 3 rd party syndicated data (IRI, NPD, Nielsen) a plus
- Experience with Business Objects a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Quantitative fields preferred
- Master’s degree in quantitative field a plus
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
FreshDirect - 22 months ago
The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods in...