DataSphere Technologies is looking for a talented and motivated Linux Systems Administrator for our Platform Services team. You will be responsible for most aspects of our Linux Servers. You will play a key role in scaling our systems to handle large volumes of traffic for our search, storage, and distributed processing platforms.
- Build, maintain and monitor critical infrastructure services on fleet of Linux servers.
- Develop and maintain automation systems to improve Linux administrative efficiency.
- Recommend and implement best practices of capacity planning, disaster recovery, and high-availability solution regarding Linux servers.
- Provide project support for Linux server infrastructure services across production and development environments to developer team.
- Be an escalation contact for critical Linux server production issues.
- Serve in an on-call rotation 4 weeks a year to drive escalation/resolution of critical production issues.
- Maintain documentation and standards on production/development Linux server environments.
- 3-5 years experience with Linux, either in systems administration, or application support.
- Solid understanding of linux command line and OS fundamentals
- Experience in writing automation scripts and self-service tools.
- Skills in perl, and bash scripting
- Familiar with scaling, load balancing, storage and network infrastructure.
- Experience in network diagnostic tools
- Experience with Nagios to monitor Linux servers and software services running on Linux servers.
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate within engineering team.
- Experience with CVS, SVN or Git is a plus.
- Experience with mixed OS production environment of Windows, Linux is a plus.
- Experience with managing Solr, Hadoop/Hbase is a plus.
- Experience of automation framework (puppet, chef, or cfengine) is a plus.
- BS or BA from accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
To be successful, you must be self-motivated, work collaboratively with other team members to solve problems, and have a passion for standards-based development. You must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, a drive to solve large-data problems, and excellent debugging skills to pinpoint and fix root causes of issues.
This is your chance to be a part of an awesome team of people and contribute to an environment focused on continuous innovation, employee ownership and work life balance. If you love a challenge, want to create huge impact, share our 'work hard/play hard' culture, thrive on change, and continuously strive for excellence, apply for a position with us today!
DataSphere Technologies is one of the fastest-growing digital marketing companies in the US. The company helps local businesses raise their visibility, convert more customers, and sell more to existing customers. DataSphere’s technologies and custom marketing packages include exclusive association with leading local media brands, the Web’s largest local coupon network, custom video ads, mobile marketing, email campaigns and more. DataSphere’s platform also offers content and sales solutions to major media companies such as Gannett, Fisher Communications, Raycom, and Meredith, helping them create and monetize services for small business advertisers.
It is the policy of DataSphere Technologies Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. DataSphere Technologies Inc. does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. DataSphere Technologies Inc. also makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled employees.
- 2 years ago - save job
DataSphere (www.datasphere.com) is one of the fastest-growing hyperlocal marketing companies in the United States. The company has created...