Job Category: Marketing
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 827530-105851
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
Xbox LIVE continues to grow at an astronomical rate recently surpassing 40 million members across more than 31 countries. With aggressive revenue and member growth plans over the course of the next several years, we are looking for a subscriptions marketing manager that will help guide and implement the global marketing strategy for Xbox LIVE.
This person will play a pivotal role in managing the global online strategy for the Xbox LIVE Subscriptions business and will regularly collaborate with regional and subsidiary country marketing leads to develop and execute online acquisition programs that will drive incremental gross adds to the Xbox LIVE paid subscriber base.
Execution work will span multiple channels to talk to members and prospects with a focus on: driving console connection-to-LIVE, co-marketing partner programs, and overall execution guidance on retail propositions for new subscription offers.
This job will be an exciting mix of developing best practices and modeling around how to effectively engage with subsidiaries, partners, and operations to most drive retail subscriptions into an ever-growing ecosystem of Xbox LIVE users. The ideal candidate will have a deep background in interactive and subscriptions marketing and an aptitude for collaborating across business development, functional partners to Marketing, ROI analysis, and subsidiaries.
Drive Retail Subscriptions
Global Marketing Customer Acquisition Strategy and Execution
Participate in development/execution against retail customer acquisition strategy.
1) Create a marketing strategy and execution plans
2) Initiate and sustain global and regional business and marketing planning around customer acquisition.
3) Synergize retail acquisition efforts across internal promotional areas and channels
Xbox LIVE Partner Management
5) Create, launch, and measure partner/co-marketing programs for Xbox LIVE and its strategic partners such as Netflix, Last.fm, ESPN, and Facebook.
6) Organize and Improve games partner programs with key 1st party and 3rd party titles launching in FY13
7) Innovate and change the way Xbox LIVE global subscription marketing interacts and engages with external and internal partners.
8) Plan rhythm of the business schedule for short term and longer term success.
Xbox LIVE Acquisition Measurement
9) Organize and improve data measurement for customer acquisition programs and optimization plans.
10) Be part of the subscription marketing leads team setting our direction and activity around scorecard activity and evangelization to regions and executive teams.
11) To work with the key markets to ensure they have the leadership, direction, frameworks, and other tools to meet their member objectives.
Drive Acquisitions to Xbox LIVE via Xbox 360 Owners
Global Xbox LIVE Acquisitions Marketing Direction & Orchestration
12) Drive Xbox LIVE Connection strategy across hardware, accessories, member engagement and advertising.
13) Coordinate efforts between all groups to create an integrated wave of marketing and promotional programs to drive up console connection-to-LIVE rate.
Key Success Criteria
1) To quickly establish a good engagement cadence with internal partners, regions/subsidiaries, business teams, and external partners.
2) To be a team player demonstrating co-operation and transparency in working with regions, subsidiaries and functional leads in global marketing.
3) To optimize the potential of the teams working on customer acquisition- help them succeed.
4) Be a proactive force in driving for business and marketing results around the world.
5) Play a critical role in driving the setting of and executing against global retail acquisition strategy.
6) Be data driven and ROI-focused to help fast decision making.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1) Interactive/Subscriptions Marketing Experience
b. Deep experience communicating and interacting with sr. management.
d. Experience launching and managing partner marketing programs.
e. Experience identifying key program metrics and developing/executing against programs which drive desirable movement in those metrics over time.
f. Ability to analyze and synthesize data from a number of sources in order to shape and clearly communicate a strategic point-of-view or recommendation.
g. Core marketing skills (effective use of marketing mix).
h. Experience working with subsidiaries.
i. Strategic and marketing planning experience.
2) Technical/Functional Skills
a. Advanced experience in management/leadership, presentation, communication, analytics, data management, and reporting with a strong understanding of all MSFT applications.
3) Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
a. Strong interpersonal awareness and advanced communication skills.
b. Team player with natural collaboration skills.
c. Interest in entertainment marketing and the interactive gaming industry
d. Can deal with ambiguity and gets stuff done!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: < >
Microsoft - 12 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...