Drive the product marketing strategy and proactively manage the user lifecycle and experience of NetZero products and services to maximize the total lifetime value of all subscribers. Work with senior management to create messaging for internal and external marketing and promotional campaigns. Interact with the Development team to ensure all marketing materials and messages are optimized from a user experience standpoint. When necessary, identify and coordinate partnerships with third party research firm(s) for relevant surveys/studies.
1. Minimum of 5 years of previous Internet-based consumer product experience with detailed knowledge of billing, technical and web functions, customer retention, membership marketing and communications.
2. Ability to interact at all levels, including senior management, in order to drive Product Marketing and product development strategies.
3. Ability to mentor or lead other Product Marketing managers in order to enhance their performance and ability to meet department objectives.
4. Minimum of 5 years of previous experience or knowledge in service packaging and marketing of online products including, but not limited to, pricing, user features, package parameters and package terms.
5. Ability to perform statistical, financial, and cost benefit analyses.
6. Product or project management experience working as liaison with technology teams to ensure that business requirements are met.
7. Knowledge of front end and back end registration processes, policies, and procedures.
8. Minimum of 5 years of previous experience or knowledge on the design and implementation of customer acquisition and reclamation programs.
9. Minimum of 5 years of previous experience with fulfillment and membership retention processes.
10. Project management, organizational, and process skills to coordinate, track, and manage efforts across multiple departments.
11. Analytical skills and problem solving abilities to identify potential problems with site, service, or products and to identify, request and analyze appropriate information to determine possible root causes and propose potential solutions.
12. Communication skills to effectively and efficiently communicate across all departments and with all levels of management as appropriate.
13. Experience in conducting third party research.
14. Extensive experience in writing marketing copy for TV, Web, and Online.
15 B.S. or B.A. degree required
1. Develop and implement long-term product marketing strategies.
2. Champion marketing and product strategies that enhance product value and ensure successful performance of all assigned products.
3. Provide Senior Management with appropriate market research, data, and recommendations to enable informed decisions related to products and services.
4. Promote the development of new products, features, and promotional strategies that keep UOL products and services competitive in the marketplace and ensure the long-term success of our business.
5. Research appropriate Internet services markets or related industries for ideas on new products and features; model and frame product information in terms of cost-benefit analysis, competitive advantage, revenue per user, resource allocation and prioritization.
6. Work with Product Management and Operations Committee, from concept to implementation to ensure that business objectives are met.
7. Ensure that realistic price points are set on each product/service.
8. Create and manage marketing material to effectively communicate to customers the value and features of our products.
9. Ensure consistent messaging and product positioning messaging across all mediums including all marketing and support materials.
10. Manage membership communication regarding products and services.
11. Ensure that each service is maintained at optimal quality for members.
12. Work to promote reclaim and retention efforts of Product Marketing team and recommend enhancements and new programs to improve performance of retention efforts for assigned product areas.
13. Lead efforts to improve site or service as appropriate to increase sign-ups, reduce churn, and lower acquisition and support costs.
14. Write marketing copy for TV, Web, and Online advertising efforts.
15. Identify and manage third-party partners for research studies, when and where appropriate.
United Online - 13 months ago
United Online, Inc. (United Online) is a provider of consumer products and services over the Internet through a number of brands including F...