Objective and Purpose of Role
The purpose of the Inspector is to perform dimensional, mechanical and visual receiving & shipping inspection on new gas and steam turbine parts within all degrees of complexity. Document, tag, control and segregate parts in accordance with established procedures.
- Inspect incoming materials for kind, condition and supplier documentation
- Perform sample lot inspections of drawing characteristics
- Initiate discrepancy reports and hold notices
- Inspect outgoing materials as needed for condition and specifications
- Manage calibration program on measuring devices
- Perform product inspection of incoming materials in accordance with purchase order and engineering requirements
- Effectively document and control all conforming materials
- Perform work station audits in accordance with procedures
Utilize handheld dimensional measuring devices i.e. mics, plug gauges, calipers, etc.
Team leader - 2 hourly team inspectors
Specific abilities necessary for proper performance in the incumbent's role include:
- Ability to exhibit a keen perception in all areas of quality assurance
- Attention to detail and follow-up
- Perform effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience and Education
CEVA Logistics is an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- AA/Trade School (2 yr. min.) in Quality/Material Composition and various Non/Destructive testing procedures
- BA/BS Mathematics/Statistics preferred
- 3-5 yrs. experience in quality control
- Excellent math and statistics background (i.e. Algebra, Geometry and Statistics)
- Previous quality systems experience (preferably Aircraft Engines)
- 2 yrs. Inspection experience
Ceva Logistics - 30+ days ago
CEVA Logistics U.S. is a regional unit of CEVA Logistics, part of giant CEVA Group. CEVA Logistics US provides freight forwarding and contra...